Notices

On the lighter side..

Old 09-23-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MTD

On the lighter side..

Alcoholism is nothing to laugh at but I also realize that a few laughs are necessary in life and a healthy way to relieve some stress. One funny story I have about mine and my AH recovery. We went out to dinner a couple weeks ago and still being new in recovery this was the first time we have dared go out to dinner. Dinner usually consisted of a bottle or two or three of wine so we went to dinner and the waitress comes to our table and says would you like to try some wine we looked at each other then at her and just about screamed NOOO! Poor girl didn't know what happened but I think she had a clue because she immediately removed the wine glasses and brought us water! We laugh about that when we realize that we can go out and have just water and still be able to laugh and have a good time
Old 09-23-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Heh. I have dinner with my mom on a weekly basis, as we still live in the same city. When we get the wine list, she just hands it right back. Doesn't even give me a chance to browse! And I love her for that.