Notices

Oh...So Temptations!!

Old 09-22-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh...So Temptations!!

So, had the house cleaned this AM, while they were cleaning, I was out buying new sheets, comforter, frames for pic's that needed to be in sight....the text came..."were done" Ahhh..." returned to a what was "normal" so many years ago...everything clean, organized and in order! I paid them and continued to place pic's in their new place, bedroom, all so at peace...was just taking the garbage out and a new neighbor (half my age and may I say very attractive) asks if I want to come over for a cocktail...told him I had homework and he said he would be up all night...not to be to personal, but ummmm.....ugh...im so comfortable and know if I go over there it will be day one...just looking for some "No Amy" even tho I know... I guess, with everything so comfortable at home, it would be nice for something more...sounds terrible, I know...but I am human....
Old 09-22-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think recovery needs to be your priority right now MN.

we have a way better chance of finding the right person and the right relationship if we sort ourselves out first.

try and be patient and stay focused on recovery - thats what I'd advise

D
Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think recovery needs to be your priority right now MN.

we have a way better chance of finding the right person and the right relationship if we sort ourselves out first.

try and be patient and stay focused on recovery - thats what I'd advise

D
Dee...I am trying to get into chat...I need to be in chat...it is saying I can't get in...will copy exact message...pls help
Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amy, think it through. Would you go over, accept a small cocktail, which you would sip and leave half finished, all the while delighting your handsome new neighbour with witty small talk and impressing him with your knowledge of the news of the day?

Or would you drink too much, too fast, quickly make an ass of yourself, embarrassing both of you so much that you have to sneak around your neighbourhood so that you won't run into him, and if you do run into him, be mortified because he looks at you like you are either nuts or slutty or both.

Why don't you relax in your comfy, clean home and maintain a little dignity for once? Next time you see him, invite him over for a cup of coffee and some homemade goodies. Believe me, you'll feel much better, happier and prettier!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee. Your recovery needs to be your focus at the moment. Enjoy your new clean place, put on those sheets and get the pictures up and cuddle up in your nice new bed with a good book and some tea. You will thank yourself tomorrow
Old 09-22-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay strong Amy. It's just not worth it. Dee is correct. Make yourself and your recovery first. xxoo
Old 09-22-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Application blocked by security settings...all I have done from the last time I have been on chat was add Word 2013..pls help
Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Amy,
In my opinion if you start a relationship with something you know fails you it will only cause many more problems and quilt. If you like the person you should tell them the truth and see if they understand. If not its never going to work and your better off and not back to day 1.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm afraid I'm not a techie Amy.

Are you using Internet Explorer? A lot of people seem to be having trouble using that browser today in chat?

D
Old 09-22-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best I can suggest is make sure you have the latest version of Java installed and running.

Verify Java Version
Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

MN, go ahead and post what is on your mind here in the forum.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm afraid I'm not a techie Amy.

Are you using Internet Explorer? A lot of people seem to be having trouble using that browser today in chat?

D
Thanks for the message....I guess your right cause I can't get on....thanks anyway...chat has just been so much help so that I was just a bit desperate...
Old 09-22-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Amy, don't you dare go over there. Think about what you've accomplished in these few short days--you saved enough money to get your place cleaned, bought some new sheets and a comforter, and even got some decor together. Enjoy it, sweetheart! Take it from a woman who is no stranger to hooking up with men half her age after drinking. It's NOT WORTH IT. You will NOT feel good about yourself in the morning. Get your homework done and get some good sleep. Consider this a test that you CAN get through and it will make you stronger the next time temptation strikes.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

MN81713? That goobledegook from your computer is caused by Java not working right. You might want to wait until tomorrow and try chat again.

Oh, by the way, I copied down that info and took it off the thread so none of your personal info gets spread around.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 09-22-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
MN, go ahead and post what is on your mind here in the forum.
Hard to do that here...but thank you, chat is one on one and it just really helps me, but appreciate your message...ugh...he knocked twice...why is my life like this...I mean, why couldn't I just be born the "normal woman"...grrr...
Old 09-22-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

No amy!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

this is the sum total of my knowledge

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...eshooting.html

D
Old 09-22-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
MN81713? That goobledegook from your computer is caused by Java not working right. You might want to wait until tomorrow and try chat again.

Oh, by the way, I copied down that info and took it off the thread so none of your personal info gets spread around.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Thank You!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Amy - If he is anything like me he knows exactly what he is doing. He sees you as vulnerable and I would seriously doubt he is thinking long term relationship. This was sport for me for so many years. I have some expertise here. I would suggest playing a bit harder to get aside form the alcohol issues.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

this is the sum total of my knowledge

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...eshooting.html

D
Thank you Dee...It still says "Error click for details" but really appreciate your help...chat is just so helpful, so am desperate...thanks again....