Notices

Coming up on day 62

Old 09-21-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coming up on day 62

So I haven't posted since day 30, now im coming up on day 62 with no cigarettes and have remained 100% sober. This is more of an update post than anything.

The last time I posted I was dealing with heavy anxiety and insomnia that was relentless as well as an overwhelming feeling of guilt on a daily basis. I have had a few hard knocks that have made me want to fall off of the wagon but I feel like I have handled them well. I have also had to deal with several issues from the past months and years that I chose to drown in booze rather then face head on like a man. It turns out that facing my pride and admitting that I was in extreme denial was the humbling experience that I needed to help me press on. Funny how the world turns sometimes... LOL

I know that I have only won a battle in a life-long war at this point but I feel that im on the right path and have started to count the weeks rather than the days. The anxiety and guilty feelings are starting to be replaced by feelings of accomplishment and satisfaction, not to mention that I have gotten closer to my family as well as God. I never did start going to meetings but have not ruled them out at this point.

Thanks again to SR and to everyone else that has supported me along the way, im truly grateful for you all.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 60 days Ironman - fantastic!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations ironman x
Old 09-21-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Iron Man what a great and positive post

Best wishes vicki x
Old 09-22-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time! I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ironman9292 View Post
I have also had to deal with several issues from the past months and years that I chose to drown in booze rather then face head on like a man. It turns out that facing my pride and admitting that I was in extreme denial was the humbling experience that I needed to help me press on. Funny how the world turns sometimes... LOL
Well done on 62 days Ironman.

I'm also in the process of cleaning up some things I've let go while I was drinking. Nothing too serious, but finally clearing out some of this stuff gives me a nice sense of well-being and accomplishment. Hopefully, you're feeling the same.

Keep working on the sober days, and I look forward to your 90 day post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is really awesome! Really glad that you're doing so well! a real achievement! well done you. Keep popping back and let us know how your getting on.

All the best,
Sicknote