Affirmations

Old 09-21-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Affirmations

Hello friends. My wife and I were going to begin a new regiment that begins the day with a set of affirmations surrounding our Co-dependent and ACoA histories. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to suggest some positive affirmations to start our day off that we might find helpful. Thank you for any thoughts.

I just realized that I don't hear much about affirmations these days and some might not know what I mean and so: What I meant by affirmations was what we used to call 'positive affirmations' but I haven't heard too much of it lately. i.e. we stop in at the mirror together upon awakening and will choose certain statements to say and repeat ten times each. For instance, she might say to herself as she faces herself in the mirror: "I am a woman worthy of love, honor, dignity and respect." to which I might say, "I am a man worthy of love, honor, dignity and respect." and repeat ten times. We have a list of three things we say right now, but wanted to add some Co-dependency and ACoA specific affirmations.

The idea is that just as receiving negative messages about ourselves day after day as a child affected us negatively - receiving positive messages about ourselves daily can affect us positively.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, maybe this thread can help, have you seen it?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ons-acoas.html
Old 09-21-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kialua View Post
Hi, maybe this thread can help, have you seen it?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ons-acoas.html
I have not; thank you so much.