Notices

Ok have started giving up again

Old 09-21-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Ok have started giving up again

I am on my 2nd day and its still the morning. I will have to keep it in the day and go by hr by hr.

This past couple of weeks i found myself drinking daily again, even before work. I ended up drinking so much on thursday that i phoned in sick to work. Now i know things is not good.

I am hoping to find some confidence even how small it is.

Sry i havent been around much, i guess i was in a deep place and never used this place to try and help me which i know u all are brill.

Hope everyone has a good weekend xx
Old 09-21-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi erratic, don't be sorry, but please do use us and this site, when struggling! It's a tough road and one that's hard to walk alone! Just a quick post "I'm struggling" and you've got a whole community to lift you up and get you through. Keep your eye on the prize it's not going to be this hard forever. Dig deep!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey you can do this - use this place - stamp your feet, cry, whatever that's why we are here - to listen and help you through this.

Your here because you don't want to drink and that is huge! That alone is half the battle. Have you got anything planned for today to keep you busy?

Glad you came back
Old 09-21-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks both xx

Im just sitting here drinking some green tea and got some tv in the background. I don't really have any plans for today, except work this evening.

I will keep checking here for the rest of the morn and afo. Maybe i should have a shower, that might make me feel a bit better.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the fight of your life Erratic - why not use everything you've got?

D
Old 09-21-2013, 03:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks dee, ur right it is a fight for my life. *slaps her head* get a grip woman! meaning me lol
Old 09-21-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning! Hang in there. U check in and I'll b checking in too. We can do this. Thinking my afternoon will b tough. First day back to work in a week...I'll b wanting a drink. Plus my bf is on his way to st Thomas to get a boat and I won't b able to reach him til Wednesday probably . I'll b looking for u after work. Let's not give up together.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kys

Hi Erratic.

I also agree that posting, reading and generally hanging around here is a great help. There's so much support and there's always people around.

If you feel like it you could always join in the 24hr club? I've just started and enjoying it. Best to you
Old 09-21-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks bridge and kys

Just came back from the dump and had something little to eat. Prob have a lay down this afo, but will check in later bridge. Hope u manage today with out to much problems xxx
Old 09-21-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

A nap sounds good Erratic. It'll pass a couple hours. Why not do something nice for yourself today? Did you manage to take a shower? Sometimes a shower gives me the feeling of staying fresh.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep around erratic!! Keep posting about anything you are feeling...you are worth this fight for your life!!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

My post was supposed to say a shower gives the feeling of STARTING fresh. Lol
Old 09-21-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
quat

Ask the mods to change the title of your post. Get rid of the word and idea of 'again'.
Change it to "Today I quit"
Get rid of any thought of what has happened. Doesn't matter and has no power to affect your actions Today. I had to go minute by minute in the beginning, heck everyone does(that's the way the universe passes time). Just don't give your AV any ammo on the subject. Focus on Now, and the Now that will be tomorrow. You can Do this!
wish you the best (I wrote it, hopefully you read it, so no letting 'again' be an excuse, right? can't unread it)
Old 09-21-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get through the day, go to work later and then tomorrow will be a little bit brighter.

You can do this!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks guys xxx

I had my nap and i have only got hr or so to go until work.

Husband wants to watch a movie when i come home from work, but unsure if it will trigger me in wanting alcohol, so im just wanting to safe guard myself.

Still havent had my shower yet,could maybe have it after work instead, so i will be fresh for bed. I am working tomorrow morning so least again i will be distracted. Will just have to push onwards in the afternoon though. dam it im getting ahead of myself. *keep it in the day*

Thanks to all u lovely people for helping me today xx
Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Ask the mods to change the title of your post. Get rid of the word and idea of 'again'.
Change it to "Today I quit"
Get rid of any thought of what has happened. Doesn't matter and has no power to affect your actions Today. I had to go minute by minute in the beginning, heck everyone does(that's the way the universe passes time). Just don't give your AV any ammo on the subject. Focus on Now, and the Now that will be tomorrow. You can Do this!
wish you the best (I wrote it, hopefully you read it, so no letting 'again' be an excuse, right? can't unread it)
Your right i should change the again word, however tomorrow will be another day so i may post again with something more forward xx