Notices

Day 23 and Loving It!

Old 09-20-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Day 23 and Loving It!

Just checking in. I try to do so weekly now All is going really well. Only had mild cravings at the weekends and it's just a fleeting thought. It's amazing how much spare time I have now to pursue things which will improve myself and my life!

Sleeps still a bit manic. I go nights where I can't sleep at all and end up staying up to ensure I don't fall to sleep at the last minute and don't get my daughter to school. To falling to sleep with ease at 9pm. I look forward to some normality soon! I am trying not to take any supplements to make me sleep even though it's tempting because I am really wanting to be healthy and natural as possible. So I solider on. Nightmares have subsided for now. Dreams are really vivid and wonderful though. Can't remember dreaming like that since childhood.

I had to turn down my first social event this week, which felt strange to hear myself saying NO to pleasure seeking activities. I guess the offers will come thick and fast with Christmas on the horizon. I really do still feel like continuing my hermit like existance in regards to social life for now. I am recovering and I am healing. Although, eventually I'd love to take some classes, maybe volunteer, take up some cool hobbies like horse riding etc... For now, I am just pleased to be sober, healthy, wealthier and wise.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations JDM

D
Old 09-20-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

On day 6 and feeling the same way. Kinds getting a craving right now but I know its probably becssue I haven't eaten enough food today. Gonna make a filling dinner and a glass of nettle tea.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! I'm on day 26 and like you feeling great and also turned down a social event this weekend. I had no doubts about it though. A bunch of old friends meeting in am city centre all staying in hotels for two nights and the main events all being in pubs!

It would have taken a saint to resist all the booze that is flowing as I type this 250 miles away!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How have you been doing, JackDsMissus?