Notices

Day 37: lots of sleep and fatigue still

Old 09-20-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 37: lots of sleep and fatigue still

Hi,

As some of you might know, about two weeks ago I started a phase in recovery in which I started to sleep 11-14 hours a night. And during the day I still felt exhausted.

That's still the case, but it seems to get a bit better. I still sleep 11-14 hours. And as usual I sleep very well during that period. I still also have very vivid dreams of all possible types.

It feels good and like I need it. Sometimes I wake up with a headache, which I read is common when you sleep very long. And as soon as I'm awake, I'm still exhausted but have no sleep left in me. Not until the next evening.

Recently I started to notice that very gradually, I'm starting to have more energy. It's not much and not for very long, but it feels like a start of getting back to my normal energy levels. Also, I have moments during the day where I feel better than usual. It's just short moments of how I felt before I started drinking.

So my energy is gradually restoring and there are bits and pieces of good feelings coming back. My body looks a lot better, it really needed the rest also. And the dreams seem to be a result of my brain returning to normal.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this. Maybe someone finds it useful.

James
Old 09-20-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey James,
I'm glad your energy levels are begining to creep back . Took ages for me , but looking back there were some up's and down's but the general trend was one of it slowly getting better the furthur from the last drink i went .

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-20-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm also still in a low energy stage (day 27) but it's getting better. Quality sleep is wonderful and is the biggest reward of not drinking! Thanks for posting your experience.