Notices

Today was a very close call

Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

Smile Today was a very close call

Oh my, what a day. Almost relapsed ,, so very very close. Saw my therapist today and as always, she gave me some good tools to use to avoid a relapse. The addictive voice was in full on mode on the way home. Common sense was getting pushed to the back, and my need to have that drink, was more important and stronger than ever.

So,, for me,, ive been relying on my "higher power" completely. The thing that stopped me was,, i couldnt let my "higher power " down, by doing that , i would be letting myself down. On come the guilt, denial , shame etc. I though do i really want to have those feelings. Umm nope,, so guess what, i said to that addictive voice, nope, aint gonna happen,, and it passed. I think back on it now, very very close call, and i know every day i may or may not face this challenge , but its comforting to know , someone got my back.

Just thought id share.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Well done Maribell. Let's hope you don't have to go through that too many times. It sounds like hard work
Old 09-18-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hate those days, too, maribell. great job getting through it on the other side, sober! it's so worth it. moments of discomfort, heck an hour or two of discomfort in wanting a drink are still nothing compared to the pain of another relapse. (that's my self-talk :-)

good job!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

maribell, good for you, seems also the more we use our power over this addiction, the more it backs down, it goes back into it's hole. congratulations on a sober day.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good stuff! I truly believe it is the getting through of those kinda days that strengthen our sobriety (as well as our own esteem) like nothing else. That's the magic...that's the amazing right there. So nice to read about someone diggin' down and doing the work. Your post boosted my weary spirit Maribell. Thank you.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job!! I like seeing posts like this! That AV is a charmer ain't it?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Those days crop up Maribell; we all need to have trust and remain alert as well.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you got thru it sober.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope tomorrow/today will be better for you Maribelle

D
Old 09-19-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Good stuff! I truly believe it is the getting through of those kinda days that strengthen our sobriety (as well as our own esteem) like nothing else. That's the magic...that's the amazing right there. So nice to read about someone diggin' down and doing the work. Your post boosted my weary spirit Maribell. Thank you.
Thank you, your reply gave me goosebumps, im glad i boosted your spirit, as everyone on this site does for me. I woke up today after 8 glorious hours of uninterupted sleep and thought, thank goodness i did not give in, another day under my belt, feeling good.

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Great job!! I like seeing posts like this! That AV is a charmer ain't it?
Oh yea ,, its a real bugger,, " the Beast " lol,, thats exactly what is it, its not me, it that freaking noisy beast in the head that wont shut the heck up.
Maribell 1- Beast 0 , i win !