Notices

Just thoughts

Old 09-18-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since September 7, 2013

Unhappy Just thoughts

The many many thoughts of the things I have done while under the influence were not always the best or happiest things. I know I have hurt may people and I did it over and over again. The sad thing is these were the people that wanted to help me and the people that still stand by me today (I don't know how they do because I wouldn't). I have done things I wish to forget, but can't. Said things I wish to take back, but can't. Angered people I wish to make happy, but couldn't. Now with all those can'ts that I can't change there is a "I couldn't" But now I Can! I pray I can make all those people happy that I once made mad. I know they have forgiven me because hey are here. But I am not so easily forgiven of myself. My head hurts and nights are restless. I have had moe dreams in the past 8 days than I have had in a long time. Today is 11 days and I pray my guilt for the pain I have caused does not get the best of me. The devil needs to let go of my leg!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The more good I do today the less the not so good I did yesterday bothers me Aiden
Keep moving forward

D
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Aiden. I'm sorry you're feeling down, but glad you wanted to discuss it.

It was the guilt and remorse that almost caused me to relapse a few times. I'd been a real jerk for a few years and didn't even remember some of the things that happened. I finally convinced myself that drunken fool wasn't the real me - and I decided to give myself a break. I knew I couldn't change anything, but I figured my new behavior would eventually overshadow the old stuff - and people wouldn't hold things against me once they learned to trust & believe in me again. Please don't sabotage yourself with negative thoughts. You're doing the right thing now, and that's what matters. Better days are coming.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Aiden

Dont let the bad feelings get to you ! It will spiral into drinking again.

The way I think about it is that by staying sober, I have a chance to make good with all the people I have hurt and I can be of service to them and my community. I cant do that if I am drinking.

C'mon buddy, hang in there ! You are so worth it !
Old 09-18-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Aiden, congratulations on 11 days! I figure that I've done so much messing up in the last few years that I'm not going to be able to fix it all right away. But the longer I stay sober (31 days today), the more time I put between myself and the shame and embarrassment, and the more clear-headed I'll be to deal with those things in time. One good thing about not drinking these days is that at least I'm not making it worse or creating new dramas to obsess about!

You're doing great. Try not to focus on all that bad stuff right now. Each day we don't drink is a chance to make better choices and create new memories.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

aiden, great job on 11 days. you are doing great, don't worry about the past today, you're sober and you should think about staying sober just today, and looking forward to the future. way to go.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Aiden1226 View Post
I pray I can make all those people happy that I once made mad.:
Seeing you embrace a sober life, Aiden, will go a long, long way towards making these people happy. And you just might find some happiness and forgiveness for yourself along the way

Rooting for you!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are doing great Aiden! You've only just begun your journey to a healthier and happier life. It is okay to just focus on maintaining your sobriety for now. When you are well enough you will have the opportunity to make amends to those you have hurt due to your drinking. For now, give yourself permission to just be, you are recovering from a life threatening illness!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Aidan,
Don't focus on the past too much, its gone and out of our control, but today, tomorrow, and next week thats all yet to come and can be good, very good. Time to let go of our yesterdays xx
Old 09-19-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since September 7, 2013

Smile Thank you all

Thank you everyone for all the positive responses. It is niceand heart felt to feel the honest enouragement from people. It helps so very much! Thanks and bless you!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Aiden, I had a lot of trouble with shame and guilt in the early days too. It was really awful.

Finally, someone encouraged me to journal my thoughts and I did. I was reluctant at first, but it really helped.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good Job on 11 days!