Only when you truly surrender...

Old 09-18-2013, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Only when you truly surrender...

Dear friends... I read all your pain. The only hope is to truly surrender and believe in your Higher Power - for me that's Christ. And believe that the universe has aligned everything perfectly. For those of you with hard choices - with children - do EVERYTHING to protect your children. No child should be exposed to addiction. Addiction - even subtle - exposes children to abuse. It is up to us - as parents to protect our children. It is NOT about US when children are involved - no matter how much you love your addicted spouse / boyfriend / girlfriend / fiance....
And for those of you without children - you have a choice- you can chose to stay and give up on most of your life - and your dreams - BUT CHOSE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TRUST GOD
Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Faith is what saw me through very dark times, sometimes blind faith was all I had to hang on to, hoping things would get better as they eventually did.

I was never a particularly religious person, but finding a God of my understanding was an important part of my recovery and today I trust that God with my son's care and my future.

For me, faith was the antidote to fear.

Hugs
Old 09-18-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Lara. Hope things are well for you