Notices

Hello everyone :)

Old 09-17-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Oh crap, I'm getting the fear!

Cool Hello everyone :)

Hi. I thought I would join this forum as I am planning a detox and thought I might need some help. I'm currently living with my parents due to hard times. They go on holiday for a week next Monday and thats when I'm planning my detox. I'm hoping to be over the very worst by the time they come back. I know its going to be rough. I'm down to codeine alone at present, and thats what I plan to kick. I have been off benzo's for 6 months now which has given me confidence. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me if they have done similar. Thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

It might be a good idea to talk to your dr about your plan.

I hope you keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! What are you detoxing from? I too suggest asking your doctor for help to be safe.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Delete all of your pill contacts. Delete them from call logs, voicemail, old texts... You get the point. I am currently on day 5 of the master cleanse. I started it the day I became sober and it has helped me immensely. The restrictiveness of the diet doesn't allow any room for cheating, and the ritualistic nature of mixing the "lemonade" has given me something to do instead of smoke or drink. It is an EXTREMELY challenging detox, in that you are not eating any solid food for 10 days, but I have slept better and have more energy in the past 5 days than I can remember having in a VERY long time. Bottom line: quitting any bad habit takes dedication and commitment every day. Good luck!!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Secluded and welcome to SR! You have made a great plan, I'm proud of you, however, will you be all alone during the week of detoxing? Maybe inform you Dr. of your plan? Can you have a trusted friend check in on you daily, just to make sure you're doing ok, take you for a drive or go for a walk? Or just call you? I'll be thinking of you!! TF
Old 09-17-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with Twofish: hopefully, you will have someone at least check up on you. Detoxing by yourself can be very dangerous.

Best wishes on your road to recovery!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, thankyou so much for your kind words and concern. I will have a friend checking up, and will be there if I need them. In truth I prefer my own company in times like these, but I know what you mean. I know I will be unbearable for 3 or 4 days ( hopefully not too much longer ). I have stocked up on nice food and lots of juice etc. I am so determined to get off the stupid pills. I just want to be normal again, if that exists
Old 09-18-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry, I've just noticed that debates over recovery methods aren't allowed in the newcomers forum, so I'll maybe post again