Notices

Couple big tests and I passed

Old 09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Couple big tests and I passed

1st test was the mini bar last night. Cost me 170 euros but passed with colors (poured all the alcohol down the toilet).

Had a carear changing meeting today and crushed it. Made more money than I could have imagined and while I would have liked celebrating, I did it with a dozen cranberry and seltzers over an eight course meal. Was pressured by the sommelier to drink some of the amazing wine my colleagues were ordering up, I refused. I said, I had a tick bight and was on antibiotics for Lyme disease and could not drink on the ABs. Didn't want to jinx things since we were with clients - was probably bigger deal in my mind anyhow.

Went for a swim, got a long massage and feeling rather proud of myself. Oh no smokes in three days too. This was/is the confidence booster I needed going into F1 - bring it baby!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beautiful! Well done!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice one dooner was the mini bar in a hotel? I ask because many hotels I've stayed in will provide alcohol free mini bars no questions asked, it's actually more common than you'd think! Saves you a bit of money too!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

GL - Minibar was in the hotel - destocked now but did not think of it for my first night. Prob could have made it through but was anxious for today's meetings and kept opening and staring at the booze. Got to page 109 of the BB and decided to take action by pouring the beers, wine and nips down the toilet. Had my travel person call the rest of my hotels and remove alcohol from my mini bars so check there.

Dinner was a big test and it went better than I had anticipated. Further, I would usually be blowing lots of cash in a strip club trying to score some blow after a day like today but happily writing from my hotel room bed right now, stone cold sober. Oh forgot to mention one of the dessert courses had grappa in the thing - I chose not to eat it.

Anyhow, proud and feeling good right now.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I'm always going to remember the mini bar story - you are my new hero. When I think about commitment to doing whatever it takes to stay sober...there it is.

I wondered how much it was going to cost! Still...going back to drinking would have been a higher cost.

Glad you had a good business day. I'm in business too and I've already noticed I'm sharper and more on my game.

Great job on everything!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thx
Old 09-17-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You knocked it out of the park! Congratulations!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I get courage just reading that post! Awesome.