Notices

Onto Day 3

Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Onto Day 3

This seems way too easy so far but I'm really paranoid about 3-5 everyone says they are the worst on here and my family. We have all detoxed before. Like I've said I've never had a problem with alcohol withdraw when quitting before but this tim with the messed up liver enzymes, longer streak and high consumption I was really worried and still am. Yesterday went smooth. Had some anxiety around 10 last night but hknestly my symptoms don't touch what was happening to me when I was poisoning my liver nightly, and the not puking up bile every morning and not waking up every few hours with pounding headaches makes it all seem like the withdrawal is very mild.... Have my fingers cross today I continue to feel as well as I do. I feel horrible for the other half though. She's been getting sick at work, crawling out of her skin at night and shaking. Worried about her much more than myself. After sll she does carry a gun at work :-p but im trying to be there for her two but if i were in her shoes idk if i would have drank by now or not. I almost feel guilty for feeling like i do.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

She may need a medical, controlled detox. You have me worried about her. Check into it.

You will probably hit a "bad day" where you feel like wtf, why not drink? So come here when you do.

Welcome!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! I too would suggest your other half get some medical help in detoxing.

I always found day three to be the worst but after that it got better gradually. You can do this!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are doing relatively well JPM. It could perhaps be that your condition while you were drinking was so horrid that finally giving your system a rest from the alcohol is less painful. Either way, good job on working through things- and definitely don't get complacent that your "easy" recovery somehow means that you can let your guard down. It happens over and over where we feel great all of a sudden and think "one beer woudlnn't hurt". Not saying that you will, just pointing out in general that it happens.

Hope your other half starts feeling better and i'd agree that she should seek medical help if she has concerns.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

JPM, I am on day 54 of sobriety, and like you, I had very mild withdrawal symptoms. I kept waiting for all the horrible physical things to happen and they never did. I felt kind of guilty too because (except for 2 rough days), I've had an easy time of it.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your concern. As she is s cop she refuses medical she tried AA once and felt horrible arresting people she helped in AA etc. I can't blame her I wouldnt either. Tough spot we put ourselves in. I know my battle isnt over but my livers condition and my son i think is honestly enough to keep me sober. Before when I'd stop it was "blah that hangover sucked I'm good for awhile" when i started it was ok I'm ready to drink again im still young I Want to have fun. Now if I think about alcohol its yea sure let's mess up your liver which you now know is bad and vomit bile while you feel your body begging you to die. I know theres a chance im not out of the woods ill always be an alcoholic hell i love it. But I love waking up to my little man's smile a lot more and want to see it for more that just a few more years.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As far as the group I like it here find myself rooting for a lot of you and i find solice in reading and sharing I find it very helpful
Old 09-17-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I always found day three to be the worst but after that it got better gradually. You can do this!

.....I,ll let u know tomorrow day 3 for me
Old 09-18-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well day 3 was good. Everyone left to do zumba the gf was 110x better enough so to go work out and no xananx to go to bed. I got bored so i went fishing and saw my first eel not in one of my salt water tanks which was impressive to see in the wild. Last night had bad anxiety but I did have to be into work earlier this morning I normally work from home so this is my first time in a crowd sober or not hung over in ages so i showered it went away no alcohol or meds. Day 4 should be interresting.