Fear

Old 09-17-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fear

We talk a lot about fear here at SR, how it hitchhikes rides on the backs of other emotions and often clouds our understanding of what we're really facing in our lives. Or how when it's obvious it holds us hostage to punishing routines & blurry boundaries because we focus on the fear of change more than the root fear itself sometimes. Often it's hard to work yourself out of a rut simply because it's the path of least resistence.

I ran across this quote last night in a book I am reading about new healing techniques & it really struck a chord for me so I wanted to share in case it resonates for any of you:

"You don't need to let go of all your fear before you are ready to experience love. You can pick up your fears in your arms and carry them into the love with you. For once you step into love, fear shows itself up for the illusion it's always been, and love is all that remains." -Eric Pearl "The Reconnection"
Old 09-17-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

thanks for posting ~ in my journey I have learned a lot about my fears~

that I have realistic and unrealistic fears ~

and even with the realistic fears ~ I have to name them and along side the fear ~ list the tools that my HP has helped me develop to combat these fears

Kinda like taking the power away from the what if's ~

I am so grateful in recovery there are so many ways to deal with our fears.

pink hugs!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks FireSprite. I am still struggling with being ruled by fear and that quote is soothing