Notices

When you all have had binges and fallen

Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When you all have had binges and fallen

Do you go from not drinking to all out party drunk? Every times I've given up alcohol for awhile in the past, it's been I'll have one or two the first time, then 2 or 3 the next night, then like 3 for a few days, then I might actually get drunk the 6th or 7th night. Is this gradual for anyone or do you go from sober to smashed? That's just never happened to me before. Is that something ill have to worry about?! I'm trying not to worry about failing this time but its starting to consume me but wanted to hear other experiences.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

That tends to be how it goes. In our world it's called moderation
Old 09-16-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am at the point that I do not know what will happen after I take the first drink. I may stop early or I may black out. It stopped being relaxing.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I typically have tried moderation and force myself to count drinks, keep it to a certain count, put rules around it like only beer and wine. So then After being good for a little while, i'll start buying the strongest beers I can find (I rationalize that I'm into micro brews, a hobby you know) so I do double IPA's at about 9% so I can get the most out of my limit of drinks.
And it inevitably leads to having an excuse at a party to do shots, blackout and be a royal a-hole.
Finishing up day 8 with no thoughts of moderation here!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Alcoholism is PROGRSSIVE. I learned that the hard way over the course of 9 years. For me, there is no such thing as moderation. I am a control freak so I will not go from 0-60 in 2 seconds, but one drink will inevitably, always turn into a blackout. It may take a week, it may take a year but it is always only a matter of time.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Okay what is blacking out? Like passing out or not remembering anything or what? I had one instance where I had way too much tequila about 10 years ago and blacked out I guess?? Didn't remember doing something that I was told I did the next day, but haven't done that since. if anything ill drink until I fall asleep, but I wouldn't call that blacking out. Is that what it is?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A blackout is when you were conscious and did things and said things, often for hours or even days, then had no memory of the time period afterwards. I broke my ankle quite badly in a blackout. The next day I had no memory of how it happened.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh wow. Yeah that's never happened. Scary!!