Notices

Almost 2 weeks and no energy

Old 09-16-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost 2 weeks and no energy

I feel like I could sleep and sleep, but at night I feel energetic. Going to a meeting and then I have counselor meeting on Wednesday. My anti-anxiety meds seem to help with cravings from stress/excessive worry, but today after working I felt like I deserved a beer, just one down at the local pub, but I know that one would turn into however many and then there is no telling what would happen, I would not do my reading, and I might end up blacked out roaming the streets. So I came home to a banana, apple, and beef stew. Now I have to read for the rest of the day and tonight I will take my daily long walk to get my exercise going. I have also been so hungry lately, and I have just been like a bottomless pit, I don't know if that is from not smoking or the meds, but I feel like my body is craving nutrients and vitamins, I just keep eating peas and carrots, raisins, all kinds of stuff. I'm hoping to continue on this time and not relapse, I feel like I have my sponsor to call, meetings to attend, so many papers to grade, and so much reading to do, that I can make it through.

I am feeling much better because I am proud of myself for not drinking. Even at work today I just grinned and got through it without freaking out. So now I have to read and drink lots of water.

I hope everyone on SR is having a great Monday!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ach...you sound so much better! Obviously your body is loving life...and enjoying sleep and healthy food, good for you and congrats on your almost 2 weeks!!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I notice the further I get from the last "episode" the more positive I feel. Nothing good comes from complaining and spouting negative vibes, so I am turning those thoughts into fuel to help me achieve my goals. So I don't have a partner, but I can walk every day and eventually run, then start playing sports I used to play before drinking, and also eat healthy half the time, and then I will be more attractive and happy, etc. So I feel like it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to do the work necessary for me to achieve my goals, and alcohol robs me of all my ambition, motivation, and especially love.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good going, but you didn't, if I may say so, 'deserve a beer'! You describe a really good day and then suggest topping it off by swilling a glass of poison - for that, to most of us, is surely what it is!?

You deserve a proper reward instead!

All the best and well done!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
I am feeling much better because I am proud of myself for not drinking. Even at work today I just grinned and got through it without freaking out. So now I have to read and drink lots of water.

I hope everyone on SR is having a great Monday!
This I am impressed with. This might be the first time I've heard positive self talk!!! Proud of you
Old 09-16-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Really glad to read these posts Acheleus. Really sounds like you are starting to own yourself. Love it.

And please know that "the beer" you think of as "reward" is actually self sabotage and the slippery thoughts of addiction we must learn to identify and turn upside down and inside out.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're feeling positive. Keep at it. Your energy level will smooth out and there won't be so many ups and downs.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Yes I notice the further I get from the last "episode" the more positive I feel. Nothing good comes from complaining and spouting negative vibes, so I am turning those thoughts into fuel to help me achieve my goals. So I don't have a partner, but I can walk every day and eventually run, then start playing sports I used to play before drinking, and also eat healthy half the time, and then I will be more attractive and happy, etc. So I feel like it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to do the work necessary for me to achieve my goals, and alcohol robs me of all my ambition, motivation, and especially love.
WOW!!! I applaud you!!! Save this post and reread if you feel you may be getting a bit down again. Stay strong and stay positive!! You can do it in everything you do!!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lovin' your post Acheleus!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Whatever you are doing now, keep doing it. Glad to hear things are coming around.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Super happy to hear Ach! I, too, am going through hunger streaks! Isn't eating food so much more enjoyable than getting drunk? I think it's way more satisfying. Keep up the great attitude!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just woke up! I fell asleep reading. Starving. I think my body is healing little by little. I CRAVE junk food and smores ice cream!