Confessions

Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confessions

I'll start...

I secretly envy those who are able to drink with their spouse without a care in the world.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Knew one guy that tried that.

True story.

He was having problems with his wife drinking so much, all the time. So he bought her a bottle and him a bottle, for the weekend. He managed to make it half way through his, and he knoched out. She drank all of her bottle, and then the half he had left of his. Then she left and spent the weekend at her boyfriend's house.

Next time he figured he would get a little smarter. Bought a Jeep for him and their boys. Kicked her out. Went on a long road trip vacation to the Colorado mountains with the boys.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I secretly envy couples my age and older who walk through a parking lot holding hands.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I cried over the news story I saw the other night about a couple married for 50+ years a d how he wore a sandwich board looking for a kidney for his wife. He loved her so much.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I secretly envy those who's A chose recovery.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
I secretly envy couples my age and older who walk through a parking lot holding hands.
We still hold hands through the halls of hospitals, parking lots and he loves to push the buggy at stores.

I secretly envy his 6 weeks of vacation though because I only get a week. I want more. I feel like I deserve it!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
We still hold hands through the halls of hospitals, parking lots and he loves to push the buggy at stores.

I secretly envy his 6 weeks of vacation though because I only get a week. I want more. I feel like I deserve it!
Aw Rotz, that's great! I'm glad you guys are still connected in that way.

I started a government job about 6 months ago. Not only do I love the job itself, but all the time off has been a tremendous blessing during the past few difficult months. Your "confession" has helped me feel some much-needed gratitude today!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I somewhat envy people in what appears to be solid, loving relationships or marriages... but I also understand that I don't know everything that goes on with them, they might well envy me and I'd never know.

I envy women who can have more children. I chose to have my baby knowing it was bad bad timing but I might never get pregnant again (I was right). And she is the delight of my life, so it's not so bad.

Somewhat OT, but indicating how far I've come, I don't envy my aexh's new wife. That sounds catty but I mean it sincerely. Last week she made some wildly off base accusations about me to my child. How miserable does someone have to be to call their stepchild's mother a wh*re? Happy, content people don't sling around bizarre insults. I wasn't even offended, I've been single and celibate for years. Huh? I have plenty of real flaws to target! Anyway it was great to not be angry, to not get sucked in...
Old 09-16-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It makes me really happy to see happy couples clearly still showing love & respect for each other.

It breaks my heart that I gave ALL of me to him and he gives ALL of him to alcohol.

Deep breath or I'm going to start crying again.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Next time he figured he would get a little smarter. Bought a Jeep for him and their boys. Kicked her out. Went on a long road trip vacation to the Colorado mountains with the boys.
Hey! I got a Jeep, still got the wife though. I did the long road trip to CO with the boys this summer, wife & daughter met us there. Had a good time with the boys on the road & in the mountains.

And oh how I wish we would get drunk together, believe me I've tried. We've gotten a box of wine and I get one glass (solo cup) and by the time I'm done with my cup, the damned box is gone and I swear I don't recall her getting a second cup. She's that damned sneaky.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Okay, I'll play.

I also wish that I could have A drink with my A, and have it stop there.

I wish, I wish that we could fulfill our dream and purchase a motor home or 5th wheel, and travel when we retire. I told him however, I would never enjoy myself because everything we do or don't do will somehow involve drinking in excess. So, why would I go away when I can stay home and be "safe".

Makes me sad..
Old 09-16-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I envy people who grew up with non-addict parents. I don't know what it's like to have a normal, everyday childhood. You have to grow up so fast in an addiction-afflicted family. Sink or swim. Just once, I wanted to have my parents cheering from the sidelines. ****, supporting me in ANYTHING would have been great.And so I vow to be there for my own kids the way my parents never were for me.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I have another one. I have secretly hoped that my mother would go ahead and die already. It sounds horrible, but walk a mile in someone's shoes...
Old 09-16-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have another one too. I confess that I envy the spouses of A's that are set in their jobs, careers, whatever you want to call them. I might feel a little secure if I thought I could support myself and 2Ds. Run a bus with my A but, I'm not sure I could do what I do anywhere else.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I envy my friends' relationships with their other half... knowing that you will have a sober person to talk to (or not, if you prefer) in the evening would be lovely
Old 09-17-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
I have another one. I have secretly hoped that my mother would go ahead and die already. It sounds horrible, but walk a mile in someone's shoes...
You are not alone in that one. Its something I was very ashamed of feeling, but there were times when I thought everything would be so much easier if my Mum would just die. Its really sad. I wouldn't wish her dead now tho.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I envy parents who don't have to worry that their child may die from choking on their own vomit after binging, wreck their car while driving drunk, or pass out and never wake up.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
Not a lot of you know this but my Mother has issues. She hates me and has proved it to me time and time again. So much so that I've told my dad that when she goes, we ARE having a party. And he laughs at and with me because we share a sick and twisted sense of humor.

With that said... I envy women who absolutely adore their mothers.

At least I can say I adore my Dad. He is a ROCK for me.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

I am envious of couples who are on the same level and can communicate.

I am also envious of the ladies who dont have kids with an alcoholic and can just pack their bags walk away and that be that. Love my children and wouldnt trade them for anything but oh how nice it must be to just take off.

I would be on a beach somewhere right about now...no phone. No nothing. .
Old 09-17-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I envy the people whose husbands are mentally healthy or even partially lol!