i need a suggertion please

Old 09-15-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face i need a suggertion please

I been off alcohol for 4 months and I want to make amend with my soon to be ex-wife but she is an addict to meth(speed) she left me 8 months ago and now I only had pity for her, her father told me today that he saw her last Monday and she was high and maybe drunk with 2 guys one is alcoholic and is the father of her unborn baby and the other look like crack head, she was laying down on the floor in front of her home. my question is it will be ok at this time to make amends for my mistakes in our marriage while we were married. I still get offset for her being with other men while we are officially married, or is better wait and hope that one day she will get off drugs and them do my amends.
any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Erfra7, 4 months sober is FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Erfra, I would stay away from that situation period. At 4 months please just concentrate on your sobriety. Rootin for ya.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are working a program and I don't have experience in that yet. Someone who has can give you much better advice on working recovery.
What I can say is that on the surface I think about the fact that you are not yet divorced, the relationship is a source of pain for you, and this person may be a little jacked up on meth while you are trying to have an emotional conversation. Who knows what the response would be if any.
Your intentions sound great and congratulations for your success On this journey. It's awesome and inspiring. Be careful about engaging with people who are your own personal triggers and may make you struggle a bit more,if only for a day, in your own progress. Amends are important. Almost as important as timing. Can you write it down and save it for a better time if it should come?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have written amends letters to my friends who are still using. Others, I just let it go. We cannot move forward if we get stuck in the rear view mirror ya know?
Old 09-17-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you all for your suggestions.
thegirlistrying thank you is like you know me, I will take in consideration your suggestion.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Erfa7 when I am sorry for something I can't take back or apologise in person for, I try to make amends by living my life more thoughtfully and trying not to be do harm again.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Making ammends doesn't always meeting walking up to the person and saying you are sorry if that means causing hard to yourself, them or others. I would check in with your sponsor or a friend in the NA or AA program to see what they say.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi erfra, I agree with nef. I would stay away from her. And work on your own recovery. Very best wishes to you dear.