It's sad because I really wish I didn't care

Old 09-15-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's sad because I really wish I didn't care

I'm 15 days in with little contact with my AH after the last drunken blow-up. I text him if I absolutely must correspond with him. I moved nearly all my belongings out of our bedroom & into the guest room. I get home around 8:30 pm from work & he is usually in his room by then because I told him "I just can't be around you right now & need to clear my head" "So you take care of you & I'll take care of me"

He has stopped drinking on his own, & I know it's just a matter of time before he goes back to drinking because he's never lasted more than 90 days doing it his way.

It's been stressful, I've no appetite, can't sleep well & typically lose weight whenever I'm stressed. I lost 25lbs toward the end of my 1st marriage & went from 130 to 105lbs. Hmmm maybe I'll be able to get back into those jeans if this keeps up...oh yah

AH was outside cutting the grass as I made my way back & forth from the rooms to gather the rest of my things. I looked out at him & began to cry.

Why in Gods name does it have to be this way?!!! I'm so upset & angry & everything else!!!!

My 1st marriage lasted 25 years, no drinking or drugs but found out he cheated for the second time...that I knew of. Later was informed there were others. Maybe that's why he was always so compliant.

And this is why I vow to put my walls back up & my glass will always be 1/2 full. What a dumbass, someone just kick me!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I so relate. Have lived out of the guest room more than once. So hard. The longing for companionship. The memories. I also lose all appetite when things are bad. Getting out of the house seems to help. I find myself at the bookstore browsing the self help section lol
Old 09-15-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HHTexas View Post
I so relate. Have lived out of the guest room more than once. So hard. The longing for companionship. The memories. I also lose all appetite when things are bad. Getting out of the house seems to help. I find myself at the bookstore browsing the self help section lol
Oh my goodness I tend to always gravitate towards the self-help section too LOL Thank you