Notices

Day 8.. Cravings getting worse...

Old 09-14-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7.. Cravings getting worse...

It was so incredibly hard for me not to drink last night, especially when people around me were. I got offered a few times and debated with myself for over an hour, and ended up staying sober. My cravings today are so bad, it feels like it's all I want and can think about. I have no money, so that's a good thing, but I usually get it offered to me so that had never been an issue. The first five days were simple, but the weekend hit and I'm struggling pretty bad.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will get easier.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congratulations, you are doing something hard, but so important for your life.
it probably will be one of the most impactful things you ever do, keep it up and
hang on.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you doing anything other than trying to abstain? Do you have any support or help available?

It is tough to stop if you are living in a drinking environment without something else available to help to my way of thinking.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grind through these feelings / cravings , you have to do this to get to a better place a much better place.

You can do it.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Enembe, Day 7.. Cravings getting worse... You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. I just suffered through the cravings and temptations. Drove me crazy for months, but all is good now. You can do it, rootin for ya.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I meant seven, thank you everyone. I thought I edited it, but didn't work.

I don't really have any support. I'm 26, and live at home and spend a lot of time at my boyfriends. Neither house is very supportive about it. My parents and both brothers drink very much, so it's hard to be around. My boyfriend drinks less, but still.a few times a week and doesn't understand why he shouldn't drink around me.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Enembe it's really difficult when booze is all around you and it's always in your face. Great you resisted the craving. It will get easier.

I hope you can continue to resist the temptation. Seven days is awesome.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am on day 2 and haven't left my house because I'm afraid I won't make it. I cant visit my parents house because they drink and I rejected my brothers calls because I know he wants to drink. I also declined an invite to watch Mayweather fight with friends. I think soon they will start to worry. Maybe I need to talk to them.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cldg9791 View Post
I am on day 2 and haven't left my house because I'm afraid I won't make it. I cant visit my parents house because they drink and I rejected my brothers calls because I know he wants to drink. I also declined an invite to watch Mayweather fight with friends. I think soon they will start to worry. Maybe I need to talk to them.
You are being afraid of having a stable, clear mind? It's complete normal to be sober. Tell them that you do not drink anymore. It's hard to do that when newly sober, but if your mind is completely made up that you want to be sober, it shouldn't be impossible to tell anyone that you do not drink. Saying "no thanks" to invites to drink can be extremely easy. A true friend will understand, but an alcoholic friend will get upset and question you. You'll learn who your true friends are on your journey of sobriety. .
Old 09-14-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Iron willpower

Wow, E, you must have iron will power to stay dry in such an environment ! Kudos to you but I am afraid that white knuckling it will only last so long.

The other posts are correct in that you should find support for your sobriety. Is there a local AA near you ? If so, give that a try (it's free). It may or may not be to your taste. Otherwise, look up your community websites and see if there are some recovery type groups nearby. Failing that, there is always super reliable SR and the chat rooms ! However, the best is face-to-face interactions with other alcoholics (regarded as the best therapy I believe).

You have done brilliantly so far !
Old 09-14-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

For me I know that I cannot be around groups of people who are drinking for any length of time. I haven't revisited the bar scene in almost 10 months and don't really desire to. I also agree that it would be good for you to get support and surround yourself with a group of people who are just like you and wanting to stay sober. Keep up the great work!