Notices

Losing it can't cope with these feelings

Old 09-14-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Losing it can't cope with these feelings

This might sound rather creepy strange like coming froma totally crazy person. I think I have a huge crush not even crush a huge explosion of feelings that are sending me into a crazy tail spin on my real estate agent. I don't know whether it is my gut feeling trying to tell me something but ever since he came into my life six weeks ago, I have not have had a face to face with him for two weeks straight event bough I had requested one, he only communicates via phone, on his list of properties he sells I am the only apartment, he sought me out by remembering me from over a year ago where he was still working with another real estate agent to see whether I was still interested in selling....I know it is crazy and I keep on asking my angels they are my higher power for loving guidance and strength ... And all the weird stuff I am stinking of doing is like installing like a nanny cam in my own place when he is showing it on an open day.....just to see.....it is pathetic I know......I am going crazy am I not....
Old 09-14-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No half measures

I try to stay out of my head without adult supvision. I would talk to a friend and get thier perspective
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Do you think the feeling is mutual? Has he ever said anything to give you an opening for a relationship?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know whether there is any indication of him having strange feelings towards me apart from business wise.....maybe just the whole thing how he came back into my life remembering me from over a year ago wanting to sell my place ......and then making a great effort in constantly hooking up....and now apart from business phone calls he does not seem to be wanting to have those face to face interactions to discuss certain concerns business related also anymore and tends to ignore my responses to emails also business wise......I don't know I am sure it is just me going off crazy...... And not sure where I stand with my current selling of the property nor having the support from anyone.....I think I am just going crazy....
Old 09-14-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sidney I have no idea where you are in your "recovery" but this does sound a little like obsession. Just a thought, but the reason he may have thought of you from a year ago, is that he is a good businessman seeking out new clients when things are lean. It's what you do in the sales business.

He doesn't want face to face, so I'm not getting any romantic feelings on his end ..yet you are thinking about installing nanny cam's.

Good job on posting here. Even if he was/is interested, your obsessive thinking is not indicative of health in recovery.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, Sidney, I agree with Nuudawn. I am also prone to getting obsessive thoughts and it's just miserable. Can you try to distract yourself some way?
Old 09-17-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Obsession yes could be maybe also just boredom and not much contact outside of work and my kids to other human beings. I think it was just the excitement to feel those butterfly feelings, I do not want a relationship that is serious but as we all know it is nice to have that loving feeling. When it comes to my property the exclusive agent agreement end Nov 10th. I guess he seemed to be very enthusiastic about everything in the beginning and now I just have this gut feeling that he is not telling me the total truth about what my chances are to even get close to selling my place for the price I need.... And yes I think when a customer asks for a face to face meeting to discuss certain issues would one not make that a priority? So yes I am slowly letting go and am leaving it up to my angels who are my hp to give me all the answers and work out what is best.

When it comes to my sobriety I am four years off alcohol but relapsed 8 months ago on Xanax detoxes and am now still on a Valium tapering program with my GP.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You sound lonely, and that and whatever you are on is likely making you obsessive. The real estate person is just trying to make money. That's what they do.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Lot of good advice in this thread, Sydney. Sounds like he's just a guy trying to drum up some real estate business. It's good that you recognize that it may be an obsession and that you were able to come on here and honestly admit to these thoughts.

Wishing you the best in your recovery!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks in all these years of going through recovery my sense of awareness has definitely been hightened even though I do still indulge in letting myself go and throw tantrums like a two year old and have meltdowns like a teenager my intuition and inner wisdom know the real truth, so when I come back down to earth I can actually look at the situation in this case the situation and the person in a total different way. Sometimes we all like toolset ourselves in fantasies, dreams that have nothing to do with reality as long as they do not involve any self harm I allow myself to dream and be that little girl that yearns to be silly crazy loud running around in an adults body.....