Confused

Old 09-13-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confused

My bf is prescribed Xanax & Suboxone. He is trying to take less than prescribed, gradually. He was staying at his house playing guitar & watching movies for months up until one month ago when we got together. His dad financially supports him & pays for his meds. He hasn't worked in months. Since he's been with me we do many social activities. He also has insomnia. He will have a few "stable" days then a couple "sloppy" days. On sloppy days he says he's just tired, but it's not a normal tired I've ever seen. Should I trust him?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you've been together for ONE month....he does not and has not worked in months, he is supported by his father. he takes meds, is an addict, and can only manage a few good days followed by days he's a mess.

curious...what IS it that he has to OFFER to you? when you go on the social events, does he pay for anything? is he looking for work? left to his own devices he sits and plays guitar.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

No, dear, I wouldn't trust him, the man is addicted to drugs.

I hope you give thought to how want to live your life because if you stay with this man it's not going to be pretty any time soon.

I'm glad you found us and hope you can find some clarity here.

Hugs
Old 09-13-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm guessing from the information you gave that you have been with this man one month and basing my response on that...

Imagine that your best friend told you that she met a guy who doesn't work, is on a bunch of medication and she posted in a substance abuse forum asking for advice. What would you tell your friend?

Do you want to try to fix him? You can't. Do you want to live a life of sloppy and good days? You will.

I'm 5 years in with an addict. When I met mine he was isolating himself and playing guitar. Just seemed to need some good company. I felt for him and was attracted to that. The sex was even great.

I would go back to that first month and not walk away, but run.
That's just my opinion knowing what I experienced.
And now I know that no, I shouldn't have trusted him.
Decide what you want and be realistic about it. One month in, you don't know everything you need to know about a person, no. But you already know what is at play in his life. Chances are his life and attitude will get worse before it gets better. And that's the most positive outlook I see with substance abuse treatment.
Read other posters who describe substance abuse, read articles on the Internet. Educate yourself Bout opiate addiction. Then make a decision that you can live with.
Regardless, I wish you the best and hope whatever you decide has a positive outcome. Take care of yourself.