Notices

Day 6 - Went to the pub

Old 09-12-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 - Went to the pub

I reached day 6 and went to one of "my" bars on the way home with a colleague... But I didn't touch a drop! I spent an inordinate amount of time drinking two pints of coke through a straw (with alcoholic drinks - vodka, rum etc - the first thing to go is the straw. They slow things down way too much.).

After that I went home and went jogging before doing a quick food shop and having a shower. I know it was risky going out so soon but I need to learn to be outside without alcohol and I didn't really feel the urge to drink. It was odd being out and actually talking and listening rather just drunkenly rambling.

I hope everybody else had a good day be it their first or fiftieth.

Tomorrow will be, hopefully, my first week down. I've been invited to a friend's house for food so I'm going to use the opportunity to donate some of the wine I have left.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good work Orieme. It's certainly risky hanging out at a bar so early in sobriety, but it's great that you did not drink. I tried the same thing for a while after i had a few weeks under my belt, but it didn't take long to realize that there's really no reason to hang out there anyway. People go there specifically to drink, I've found much better ways to spend my time going forward. Either way, stay strong and don't let down your guard.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I couldn't go to a bar so early on. But it seemed to work alright for you and I'm glad for that.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Orieme,

Cograts on your sober time, it does get easier being around people and places where drink is being served. What surprised me was that other people don't drink as much as I thought they did and actually stop and eat!! Extraordinary.

To be honest pubs are pretty limited if you are not drinking.

All the best in sobriety

CaiHong
Old 09-12-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done and congrats on coming up on one week!