Notices

15 days sober today checking in :D

Old 09-12-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

15 days sober today checking in :D

Just thought I'd check in to say that it was two weeks yesterday that I had my last drink!

Let me start by sharing the postive things that being sober has given me Days are much brighter, I have more focus, not breaking out into a sweat from the smallest amounts of movement. Finally, hydrated, no longer drink copious amounts of fattening milk to counteract the alcohol. Caffiene seems to have a stronger impact. No guilt. Nothing to regret in a morning. Lost almost a stone just from eating well and taking regular exercise. More surplus cash in my wallet. Find now I don't have to go to the cash machine as often and I spend less time in the shop over the road. Infact, one of the cashiers asked me if I'd been on holiday lol. The reddness in my eyes has completely gone. My mother noticed that I am more cheerful (and she always says I am like a bull at a gate ) My nights are longer which means I am getting a lot more done. I have a really newfound strong sense of achievement and if I can do this I can do anything attitude. I am fully embracing finding my real self again (not the always out of it, not facing real life me). It rocks

My only pet peeves is, lots of nightmares over the last few days. Sleep paralysis to be exact. Can't move but I am awake and sense something evil is in the room with me. It's made me really edgy at bedtime, taking a while to doze off and waking to make sure I can wake. Hopefully this will pass soon. Had two fillings fall out in the space of 2 days... dont know if it's related but I guess 2 years of drinking voddie or JD and full fat coke can do that to ya. And, keep getting cramp when I'm at the gym I know this is blood sugar levels related. So will just continue taking my vits and hydrating myself.

At this point, I am so chuffed with my new way of life. I can't ever imagine wanting to drink again. I know, I know take it one day at a time but this is the best gift I could have ever given myself! Sorry for the ramble and typos, my baths running and wanted to get this posted! Oh and thankyou for everyone here at SR you gave me the inspiration and the motivation to take the leap and do it when I couldn't imagine being able to! <3
Old 09-12-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You did not ramble, Missus. Thanks for an upbeat, encouraging post. I couldn't imagine ever letting go of it either, but here we are - and it'll just keep getting better.

I had the sleep troubles for a while too, but it all settled down. Congratulations on your 15 days! That's wonderful news.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great news Mrs J.D, now you just have to keep moving on!

Those after effects are to be expected. I've certainly had my share/
After stopping benzos I had sudden sharp jerks when falling off to sleep, a loud bang, other stuff besides. Hang on in there!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

JackDsMissus, 15 days sober? You are FANTASTC. Congratulations. Rootin for ya.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time! Sleep may be a little 'off' for a while but will smooth out over time. As long as you're sober and taking good care of yourself you'll be alright.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am glad you are chuffed, JackDs. (Chuffed is good, right?) Congratulations! It was great to hear from you.