Notices

does it get any better

Old 09-12-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy does it get any better

Hey people..ive been on methadome for ten years. I decided to get clean a yr ago. I was then put on suboxon. I kicked it a monthwi ago. I then started taking tabs or perks three days a week to help with withdrawl. I havent took anything in five days. Sumone please tell me how long the pain n sleepless nites last?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No one here can do more than share their experience. We aren't doctors so can't tell over the net what's up with you. I'd suggest you get in touch with your doctor and let him know what's going on. S/he would likely be able to give you a better answer.

to SR!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jenniboo,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting clean! That is awesome. I don't know how long your symptoms will last and I second the idea to see a doctor, but for most people I think it does get much much better.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks..gosh i hope so...this is so awful...
Old 09-15-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, it gets better. Should be soon. A doctor can help. Think about it and hang in there!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dont have a doc anymore she just got alot of time for giving out to many meds. Thought about going to the er but idk if they will help or not. What do u think.b
Old 09-16-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by jenniboo View Post
I dont have a doc anymore she just got alot of time for giving out to many meds. Thought about going to the er but idk if they will help or not. What do u think.b
If you think you need medical attention, then yes - go. The first weeks of withdrawal can have all kinds of weird effect, and our bodies don't magically heal from years of abuse in just a few days. The symptoms you are having might be completely normal for one person, but a sign of something more severe for another. If you have any concerns, you should call another doctor or go to the ER if you feel you have an urgent need. We cannot diagnose you here, it's against forum rules and impossible from a distance anyway.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR, Do you attend NA meetings? A lot of helpful support and answers there. Maybe try your local Behavioral Health Clinic? You could get assessed by a professional to get put in the right safe direction. The Dr. giving you the methadone/Suboxone, what does he/she say? If you are being denied support, a second opinion is in order. Take care, things will get better soon. Stay strong. TF
Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ive had a really hard time finding a doc take me on because of the meds i was on n the doc i was seeing. No docs around here want to take on her old patients. Loads of crap.
I will try the er if need be. Its jus hard doing on my own n taking care of my kids ti. But i kn just takesow i can. N i will. Just takes a lil time i guess.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Opps..i ment ik it takes a lil time..but i can do it if i set my mind to it..
Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Jenni, Sounds like this Dr. wasn't the most forthcoming honest professional out there. Also, there may be other people just like you, looking for help. Call her office and see who is going to take over her practice? Or call your health plan and ask them who is accepting new clients. I know it's hard with young children, they get restless, but if you get too sick, who will take care of them? There is help for you out there, you must be persistent and find it. Find a phone book (or google, I'm old!) and look up Behavioral health Clinics. Call and explain your situation. I do believe that a Dr. has to have special training to be able to prescribe methadone/Suboxone. Good luck, be strong and give yourself and your children a big hug! TF
Old 09-16-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Go to a quick med place. They see it all and won't give a hoot about your other doctor.