Meeting up with A tonight

Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meeting up with A tonight

Hi there,

I'm meeting up with A tonight. We've been separated for over 3 months and I know the relationship is over. I tried to meet up with him about 5 times over the last month (he has been too busy with work - priorities are clear) I think he knows it's over too, we did catch up (always in public) 2 weeks ago and talked about some thing, but he didn't want to talk about 'us' but we need to make a line in the sand, but said he would when work quietened down and i was settled in my new place.

I felt so strong when we separated and have been going to heaps of alanon meetings. I know I do not want to be with him again. I am just scared I won't be able to say the words tonight. I am also sick, off work and feeling guilt about that. I just want to have the final 'no hope' left conversation, because I think I'll get a sense of relief when I do. Then we will just need to focus on splitting up our house - I feel overwhelmed thinking about that. So just a day at a time and any advice on speaking to him would be appreciated.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't speak to him, go no contact. You already probably told him a million times. He didn't listen then, won't listen now. Will turn it all around to you.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck to you tonight! Be strong and look forward not backwards. I had to tell my husband divorce was happening and there was no future today also. It's really hard. I do think it helps if you can avoid getting sucked in to too much explanation and back and forth. That's been the hardest for me.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your wisdom LadySage,

It sounds like is has been a massive journey for you. I pray for healing and new beginnings for you.

((Hugs))