Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3

This is the continuation of:

Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 2

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

normies wouldn't know that if their H disappeared for 2 months, refused phone calls, then came home, that they would walk in and say "well at least we weren't fighting that time, so how about some sex."
Old 09-11-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"Normies" don't spend time on their honey moon google'ing for information on how much acetaminophen causes liver damage and percocet/alcohol interactions.

"Normies" don't assume their husband is at the bar every time he isn't home

"Normies" don't hope their husband gets caught and goes to jail just so he gets sober
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Normies don't call the cops to give their H's license plate number and tell them the most likely route they took, so that they can get him off the road.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow! Part 3!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Normies wouldn't know how it feels like to either be called a lesbian (no offense here) , or just go to the bar and get laid to get out of your b!tchy self.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Normies wouldn't understand someone saying "you take the bulk garbage out more often then you take me out, and then being told well at least you still have a sense of humor.

Bulk garbage went out every 3 months..............
Old 09-11-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry for monopolizing on here. I'm trying to do better..............
Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Sorry for monopolizing on here. I'm trying to do better..............
No worries Post all you want, that's what SR is for. This is a "let it all out" thread, does not "belong" to anybody, so fill it up, there's tons and tons of room on the server

Mike
Old 09-11-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just found this thread! :-) awesome!

Normies dont know what its like to google how much klonopin is dangerous

Normies dont know its their fault when their spouse drinks

Normies dont have a safe full of crappy vodka they will never drink.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to sleep with their pain medication from surgery, in their pajama pocket.
Normies go places and do things with their bfs that don't revolve around drinking.
( holy cow, I almost wrote "with their bf's that don't REQUIRE drinking".
Old 09-11-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Normies don't go into the garage and sleep in their car

Normies don't start smoking again for a reason to go into the garage to get away from their H
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm just that girl

Normies don't know what it's like to be treated kindly by people and question why others are being so nice and/or don't believe them and/or brush it off in an uncomfortable way.

Normies don't know what it's like to be practically numb to their spouse's disappointing shet like "I can control my drinking. Ima only have one." when you effing KNOW it's never just one and that they just don't get it. You go from flipping out to "oh ok. Whatever." in a matter of months.

Normies don't know what it's like to put their spouse's calls/texts into the spam folder so they aren't bothered by bullshet unless they CHOOSE to look in the spam folder.

Arg. It's been a night. I am doing ok. But I swear, if he could only smell the shet that comes from his mouth.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Normies don't develop PTSD from their marriage

Norimies don't go to marriage counseling and the therpist fires their H as a client, while they tell you that they would be glad to continue seeing you throughout the divorce process, when you never even mentioned your were getting a divorce.

and if they did, normies would certainly not have heard the therapist thought I was fine, and that you are crazy, thats why she wants to continue to see you.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm just that girl

Normies don't develop PTSD from their marriage
Amg. Yes.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeatleChick View Post
Normies don't know what it's like to be treated kindly by people and question why others are being so nice and/or don't believe them and/or brush it off in an uncomfortable way.

Normies don't know what it's like to be practically numb to their spouse's disappointing shet like "I can control my drinking. Ima only have one." when you effing KNOW it's never just one and that they just don't get it. You go from flipping out to "oh ok. Whatever." in a matter of months.

Normies don't know what it's like to put their spouse's calls/texts into the spam folder so they aren't bothered by bullshet unless they CHOOSE to look in the spam folder.

Arg. It's been a night. I am doing ok. But I swear, if he could only smell the shet that comes from his mouth.
Ok, don't start------ you'll get me going

Normies don't know that you can put quacking ducks on your phone as a ringtone so that you don't answer the phone, actually I didn't know how to do that, so I put on "unwell" by Rob Thomas
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Normies don't understand what it is like to want another child, but can't have one because the AH is afraid his drinking might cause a birth defect or more stress on the family. Alcohol wins again. A child is left with no siblings and a mother mourns the loss of the child she never had...
Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Ok, don't start------ you'll get me going

Normies don't know that you can put quacking ducks on your phone as a ringtone so that you don't answer the phone, actually I didn't know how to do that, so I put on "unwell" by Rob Thomas
My AM's phone calls would be obvious. Her ringtone is the Wicked Witch of the West theme.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

After being verbally and emotionally abused for years and trying to actually stand up and say something about it

I'm sure a normie would never hear "you can verbally abuse me all you want, as long as you still f_ _ k me at night. So what's your complaint, because I'll still f_ _k you tonight.

Also sure that a normie would not hear ----- "so who are you going to blame for your miserable life once I'm gone"?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Normies wouldn't have their therapist, his therapist and my lawyer shedding tears....Also had some cops shedding tears. Normies wouldn't know anything at all about this.