Notices

admitting to my gf that i am an addict

Old 09-11-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

admitting to my gf that i am an addict

we've been dating for about 3 months now... and things have been going rather well. really well, i'd say.

she hadn't really seen me drink during that time (i did slip a glass of wine at dinner once and maybe we've shared a beer). she was mostly bugged down by my constant rambling about healthy diet, exercise, yoga, blah, blah.

due to my recent very "successful", but thankfully moderate binge (wtf is that?)... i realized i can no longer lie to her. i've been planning to be honest for a while, but as you can imagine admitting something like that had me scared to say the least (what if she leaves me? what if she dosen't get it? etc, etc.)

well, last night i had no choice, but to confess.

her reply is: "i know baby." (at that point my jaw drops).
"i know you'll get better. i've seen what you are capable of... just get back on track. i love you."

still brings tears to my eyes.

but the reason i'm sharing this (besides that i think it's a cute story)... is that honesty is one of the main keys in recovery, imo.
be honest with others, be honest with yourself and the world will bring good things into your life.

if it hasn't been for my sobriety and completely changed lifestyle, i wouldn't have had a chance for a real future and a real success in life.

the journey is far from over, but i will enjoy each step. difficult or not.

thanks for reading

p.s. with that i'm going for a long walk and will finish up my day 1 (yet again).. happy and sober.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Serious,

It sounds like you are ready to get back on track, and you have the support of your girlfriend, so go for it.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wonderful story!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ahh that's a lovely wee story! Well done on your honesty and I wish you every success.