Notices

Sober for 90 days

Old 09-11-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober for 90 days

I'm Sober for 90 days, my life is ok, attending meetings, completed step one. Its hard for me to deal with my thoughts and actions, since I stopped drinking I don't feel like my old confident self. I am blessed to be in AA and recovering slowly but I'm not 100% happy. Confused most of the time, second guessing my self and wondering if something bad is going to happen to me. I am praying and I do believe in a higher power, its just my emotions are so hard to control. Does anyone have similar feelings?-SART
Old 09-11-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days!

Yes, I have felt that way and there are times I still do at five months sober. I feel confident most days but every now and then fear creeps in. When this happens I talk to my friends in AA, my sponsor and I pray. It makes it better every time!

Keep on, keeping on!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on 90 days SART. I don't know your drinking history, but if you were a heavy drinker it may take some time for your body and brain chemistry to return to normal. I'm at 40 days and feeling pretty good, but I do have days where I'm listless and tired. But I wasn't a heavy daily drinker.

Are you eating properly and getting some exercise? I believe alcohol screws up our bodies ability to take in nutrients, so eating properly is important. I know that my mood is worse if I don't eat properly and get some exercise. Processed foods, junk foods and sugary foods really screw up my moods and energy levels.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

90 days is fantastic, just posted this for someone else, may help you too x

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...periences.html
Old 09-11-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Sart! Great start! Those feelings are pretty normal I think we all experience them from time to time. I will say though the 90-120 days were the hardest emotionally for me. I cried alot felt empty alot and basically an overall uneasy feeling. They will pass. I truly believe you pleasure receptors are refireing and connecting trying to get back to normal. Post here often I found it to be pricelessly helpful during that time!

Best wishes
Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on three months! Do read Lorelei's excellent link. All of us have had PAWS to some extent, but can only recognize it in hindsight if we stay through the healing and growing pains.

I list my false bravado too as a sober person. Got my self respect back. Fair trade to me! My sense of self needed to be overcome anyway. Now I can develop instead of just spew alcohol induced braggadocio. Yep, it took a year until I accepted I wasn't as great as alcohol led me to believe. That left me two options. Work hard to be that perfect in reality, or accept myself as good enough and do what I could. I am happy with being just enough now.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time. PAWS can be most annoying and one of the symptoms is emotions being all over the place. Stay sober and live as healthy as you can and with time it will smooth out.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. I do eat very healthy and exercise a lot, I've lost 25 pounds since June 12. My drink of choice was wine a lot of it! I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one freaking out in SOBER Life. And I do believe years of alcohol abuse takes it toll on the body, mind and spirit. So thanks again for the 90 plus days, looking forward to more communication.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's incredible - a terrific accomplishment.

I think being sober pulls the covers off of life for many of us. There are moments of elation and happiness but there is also the day to day grit that is not easy to handle. And for so many years we all washed that away in whatever our choice of poison was.

Congratulations and stay strong. A real inspiration.