Notices

Made it through a trigger without a thought of drinking:-)

Old 09-11-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Made it through a trigger without a thought of drinking:-)

Good morning all...

Yesterday I was faced with one of my big triggers...my hypochondria. I had felt a twinge in the breast area, and typically that would prompt me to be assured I was going into full cardiac arrest, and reach for the bottle to calm myself down.

Yesterday, I calmly acknowledged I was likely ovulating and have had this particular "twinge" many times over the years, and was NOT having a heart attack, that I have been checked out by a doctor recently, and have perfect blood pressure (since I have quit drinking, I am a BP all star:-)).

I didn't even THINK of booze during this, I just did my best to calmly work through it, and even if it WAS a heart attack...no way a shot of hootch would stop it, so really no point.

Went to bed and woke up today feeling fabulous:-)
Old 09-11-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's part of the wonder of being sober for me - I can rationally approach problems instead of being paralysed with anxiety and trying to drink them away for a few hours
Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AmandaUK

Well done to you! Relish in how good it feels to be in control so that if/when you face your next trigger you can remember! I don't know you but I'm so proud that you got through it without what used to be the inevitable. Great stuff x