Notices

Unforeseen happiness

Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unforeseen happiness

Just five days ago, I thought I couldn't have fun while being sober. I thought everything would feel like a chore. And now I find myself on day five of sobriety, and the stuff that used to be only fun with a drink in my hand is equally if not more fun without a drink in my hand.

I can actually follow my favorite TV shows. I'm re-studying the physics and science that I used to LOVE, but forgot all about in my drunken haze and I'm enjoying it. I can play video games and enjoy it without taking a sip from my drink every chance I get. So on and so forth.

And it's only day five! I have a feeling it's only going to get better. I hope soon I can start planning my life and set reasonable goals that would have been unthinkable while drinking every day.

This is the best website I have ever found. I would not have been able to get through the first couple days without lurking the Newcomer forums here. Thanks SR You're a life saver.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I stopped playing video games, because if there weren't enough cut scenes, I couldn't drink enough.

Everything gets better sober.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wonderful post to read Imabuleva. So glad all is well in week one : ) I'm just over 3 months and I'm still thrilled about the discoveries and insights of sobriety.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're doing so well. And yes, it does get better.