Notices

I had a tangled chain

Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had a tangled chain

Literally and Figuratively
I had a tangled chain, a 24k gold chain, that once held a crucifix I had lost along the way. I found this chain about a year back and thought it was in disrepair. I tossed this knotted ball of metal in the garbage. My little girl took it out if the trash and said, "mommy, people should not throw away gold, it's too precious!" So she put it in her jewelry box.

A few months back I saw this mess of a chain safely kept by my daughter. I took it out to try and begin untangling the wreck that it was. The knots were so intricate, I didn't know where one began and one ended. I quickly became frustrated and put it back away. But the thought of that precious chain sitting tangled haunted me. So everyday I worked on it little by little.

Over the last few months I used different tools to slowly revive this jumbled mess. Slowly but surly this ball of knots became a chain again, with much smaller more manageable knots.

Last night I released the final tangle and shined up my little chain. Sure it's got a few kinks here and there. I'm glad my little girl took it out if the trash. Because she is correct... Gold does not belong in the dumpster! Now I need to find that crucifix I lost along the way.

I am that chain, YOU are that chain. We are worth more than we know and should care for ourselves and treasure ourselves as if we are gold!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
EndGame

What a wonderful metaphor for getting sober.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok I loved this post lol and the reason I'm laughing as because I was about to type out how touching this post was and thinking about my reply I just got this stupid moment going on in my head of some country singer twanging away on a banjo singing 'I had a tangled chain' lol

Aaaaaanyway now that's out the way - what a lovely story and all the more so nice that your wee girl saw the beauty in the disaster - we should and could all take a leaf out that book! Well done for fixing the 'chain' in more than one sense
Old 09-10-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hahaha 13unlucky... Your post post made me laugh and cry: happy tears. Now if only I could sing I'd turn it into a twangy kinda song love your thought process
Old 09-10-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your lucky I can't sing either lol I'm gonna have to work on this song now though you do realise this haha! Anyway - ill shoooooosh now
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
OX

Smart kid. Great story. Thanks
Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's great Imperfect. Good luck finding that crucifix and I think the chain will continue to shine brighter and brighter each day without alcohol.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just because if takes a lot longer to get the knots out of the chain than it took to get those knots in it.
Slow and steady and the chain becomes untangled yet again.

Don't ever give up
Old 09-10-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's lovely IM x
Old 09-10-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

great post Imp - thanks

D