Notices

New here

Old 09-10-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Not sure how this goes but hoping to find support.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome robininutah, Lots of support here.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi robin and welcome to SR. There is a lot of information and support here. Jump on in
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I decided today that I can't continue drinking. I have four children and I want to be around for them. I put them to bed and drink until I pass out. My husband puts me to bed and has been rewarded by being peed on. I wake up with a horrible hangover and do it all again the next night. I'm so ashamed. I don't tell anyone. I think every person I know would choke if they knew. I work full time, go to school and have a very high gpa. My children have never seen me drink but they no something is wrong each morning. I drag myself to church every Sunday with a hangover. I can't live this way anymore.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Change is a scary thing but it is the first step. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. I know it well. Do you have any recovery plan in mind?

There are many options. Jump in read some information and get support. I know I could not do it alone.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Robin bad news... You're probably an alcoholic..(but I think you knew that) good news today you can change your future. SR is the #1 tool that's kept me sober 5 months. I too am a mom. Stay with us I promise you that being sober can be a much happy healthy place to be then you are now!! Be proud of yourself. Your doing something for you and your family that WILL positively effect them for the rest of your lives! Join the September class there will be tons of people at the same place as you in sobriety to lean on and learn from. Best wishes and congrats on starting your day 1
Old 09-10-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome! I remember when my kids were young enough to hide it from.... it doesn't stay that way and then they get damaged

I became exhausted living my double life, pretending I had it together... and I was really a drunk..... I use to just dream about the authentic life I have now and thought it was unachievable....

its great..... and you can have it too.... come join us
Old 09-10-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Robin. I am glad you are here. I hope to read more posts from you.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome. This site is fantastic. I only joined 5 days ago. I am 6 days sober (well I will be if I get through the rest of the day). I will. Just browse about and read, it is amazing the support there is here.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome. How do I join the September class? I do not have much of a plan to be honest. I stopped smoking 10 years ago and I had to find other things to do during the times I'd usually smoke so I took up walking. I aspire to run a half marathon so I thought now would be a good time to work toward that goal. Perhaps my new routine would be to put my kids to bed and go running. I also am planning on getting anti depressants to help with the depression I am having and to prepare for the plummet in serotonin. I have an appointment for that on Wednesday. I am a conceptual photographer/artist but have not been creating photographs recently. I think since its something I love doing and naturally good at, I should start taking photos again. I am quite spiritual and religious as well yet I have withdrawn so much that I haven't participated in activities. A new women's bible group starts today and I thought I might join. Maybe if I immerse myself in meaningful activities that I enjoy while working toward a goal I have dreamt of doing for years and find support here, maybe I can do this. I don't know. I feel so lost. I developed a serious drinking problem after my 2nd child was born but I nipped it in the bud pretty quick. Well, quickly for an alcoholic (which I know that I am). I drank heavily for maybe a year or just less than and then I joined AA. I quit of course but I never fit in there. And my 30 day chip turned into 60 and then I think 6 months. I don't remember but eventually I started missing a night and then two and then I quit going. I still didnt drink though. I did pretty good for quite awhile. And then some devastating news sent me on a liquor run and its been downhill since. My husband is amazing. He has protected my children from seeing me intoxicated when one has woke up for whatever reason. He wakes up wet because if I drink too much I pee. He puts me in the shower, brings me clean clothes, puts me into a clean bed and goes back to sleep with me. He never sleeps anywhere else but beside me knowing the risks. Our bed does however have a waterproof protector. How humiliating is that. He doesn't enable me purposely if that's what you're thinking. He is protecting our children and he loves me beyond measure. I owe my family a sober wife and mom. My mom is 6 feet under because she was an alcoholic. I have to beat this.

How's that for a novel
Old 09-10-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by robininutah View Post
I can't live this way anymore.
robin, good for you, it takes courage to say that, welcome to SR.

you're going to find people are helpful and supportive here...
Old 09-10-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I wonder, are we allowed to give our #s out to text? If so I could really use a text buddy. AA's equivalent to a sponsor. I could really benefit from conversation with another alcoholic in recovery.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

There is a link to Septembers class where this thread is. If its nit there it's in the Newcomers daily support section.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, Robin!

You sound determined and ready, and that's really all it takes.
I read a lot of posts when I first joined SR. This is great support! Welcome!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome Robin, and so glad you found SR. It is a great place to find support and understanding. I come here every day and post on the 24 hour pledge post. It really helps me. You just agree not to drink for the next 24 hours. You will find it under new threads. Also we have meetings on Tuesday and Friday at 8pm central. They are great. I am 64 days sober and loving life. Sober is so much better then drunk. lol Anyway, welcome, you have come to a good place.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I wonder, are we allowed to give our #s out to text? If so I could really use a text buddy. AA's equivalent to a sponsor. I could really benefit from conversation with another alcoholic in recovery.
Maybe download the SR App?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome robin

I am in the September class Lots of great people who are in the early stages of recovery all you have to do is post there honestly don't think I would have made it through last weekend without them and sr xx
Old 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Robin

it's against our rules to give out personal info on the boards - thats for your, and everyone elses, safety - this is the internet after all....

why not join a few threads - you'll get all the conversation and support you need, I promise
Old 09-10-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Robin, Today is my one week mark. Welcome. What's helped me is to read, read, read, the forums.

I'm in Utah too. Glad to have someone close by. This site has made a huge difference for me...in just one week.

Join in the chat room and come here when you feel you need support....you will find some very kind, wonderful people here.