Notices

no place to stay after Friday in Los Angeles area

Old 09-09-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation no place to stay after Friday in Los Angeles area

My land lady who I am renting a room from just informed me that, if I don't have the rent for my room by Thursday I am out. Never had any problems. Problem now - a glas of wine would be just what I need for that stress. Been doing good for over a week now.
No idea now what to do. Been waiting for my unemployment to start.very worried, scared and don't want to go back to the way I used to handle things.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A glass of wine won't pay the rent. It's not a solution. It's a hide. You can't keep hiding friend. It's not Friday. Tonight you have a roof over your head. Friday's problem is not today's. A lot can happen between now and Friday. I'm a believe in a universe that provides one way or another. All will be well if you don't drink.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Haven:t been drinking. Laying in bed. Hope I can sleep
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drinking would certainly not help anything! In fact, it would probably seal your fate. Since you are unemployed, have you given any thought to possibly entering a long term rehab program? There are a number of free programs in the Los Angeles Area, like The Rock Christian Center, Volunteers of America, etc.. Sober Living is another way to go, can be really inexpensive and terrific (I did this, $500 per month). This problem could have a gift hidden in it. Google alcoholic needs free rehab Los Angeles.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have lived in a sober living before. It was horrible. The arguements, the bickering. The whole atmospere was toxic. Started having anxiety there.
My problem is I am waiting for my unemplymt to come in.
Plus the people in the house drink too. The hard stuff
Old 09-10-2013, 12:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

You should check with the rental board in your state. She probably has to give you a certain amount of notice and in writing. I don't think they can kick you out the next day, but you will need to check that out.

Drinking the wine won't pay your rent and you feel even worse.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by augsburg8900 View Post
I have lived in a sober living before. It was horrible. The arguements, the bickering. The whole atmospere was toxic. Started having anxiety there.
My problem is I am waiting for my unemplymt to come in.
Plus the people in the house drink too. The hard stuff
Sorry you had a bad experience. It's all subjective. You must have found a bad one. Mine was awesome, no one drank (if they did, they were out same day) and the women I lived with were very close, I still speak to them often. Mine was a Christian Sober Living though, maybe that was the difference.
By the time I went into treatment, I was so in need of being surrounded by recovery, and was so grateful to dedicate all of my time to it, I wouldn't have cared if I was in a tent, as long as it was a sober tent!

Good luck, hope you find something.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you talk to your landlady and explain your situation to her, and promise to pay her as soon as you can?
Old 09-10-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyinBC View Post
You should check with the rental board in your state. She probably has to give you a certain amount of notice and in writing. I don't think they can kick you out the next day, but you will need to check that out.

Drinking the wine won't pay your rent and you feel even worse.
Quite true, in my state it can take over 6 months to evict somebody,rent or not.
Not sure if a link is ok. If not the mods can remove it.

California Tenants - California Department of Consumer Affairs