Notices

Dreaming About Drinking

Old 09-09-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreaming About Drinking

Still sober (day 26...but focused on one day at a time). Taking lots of naps as I am still getting the "crash" effect when my normal bad behavior would kick in at 5pm. Increasingly having dreams where I mistakenly drink and then realize I have blown it...in my dream I am upset and then start drinking again (like the sober chapter in my life is over). The dreams are VERY realistic and I wake up quite freaked out and have trouble going back to sleep. Often when I awake (even without the drinking dreams) I feel totally hung over with aches and pains. The first 30 minutes in the morning is brutal. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues? Any suggestions?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have had dreams like that - but not all the other side effects except for guilt thinking that I drank.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have had those drinking dreams as well. I wake up and feel so much relief that it wasn't real!

Hang in there...the dreams will lessen, and soon you will be sleeping more soundly.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LDT

I would guess that all of us have those dreams. I use to become quite upset at my own, but then decided that they were another example of my body trying to "purge" toxins....much like it purged the physical toxins of alcohol. Viewing my drinking dreams that way now has lessened their impact on me.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had those dreams too. Woke up pretty tired but I figure it was the interrupted sleep. They pass with time and you'll feel much better soon. Hang in there!

June
Old 09-09-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on day 7 and today I woke up feeling hungover. I took a nap this afternoon and woke up feeling hungover again. It took me about a half hour to feel ok. I'm just assuming this is normal.