Notices

A degree of privacy...

Old 09-09-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A degree of privacy...

Sometimes as a member, we may need help with something yet would like to keep some degree of privacy.

Would it be possible to have a forum on here where we can pose a question anonymously, as a member, without the option of our interaction afterwards of course, just in order to seek advice?

I am NOT a tecchie so have no idea if this is possible :>)

Best wishes to allx
Old 09-09-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if it can be done in the way suggested but there could be an e-mail address for that purpose. People can send their questions to it and a Mod, or volunteer, post it in the thread for people to respond.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The boards are totally anonymous.

Unless you tell someone your user name, no one will know your identity.

This is message board for peer support, so all the advice that comes along is from other members. If you posed a question and wanted no interaction, then no one would be able to respond.

And, please feel free to PM me anytime if you have a question or something you want to talk about. I'm always around. And, any PM you send is private from all other members, but the person you send it to.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know the site is anonymous as such and I may be wrong, but some people who have been members for a while may not always feel comfortable in disclosing some things and may miss out on getting feedback because they are too shy/embarassed/worried or that they will be spotted by a family member/friend once they had built up a lot of history on SR. So I wondered if it would be nice to have somewhere to post without the need to interact yet get advice/support.

No problem if this does not appeal, just a thoughtx
Old 09-09-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry, I just don't understand how you would get advice, yet there would be no interaction?

And how would you be spotted by a family member/friend, unless you told them about SR and your user name?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Valll, Are you suggesting a person could pose a question, open to feed back.....but the asker of the question would not be identified? That's how I'm understanding your question, but could be wrong.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes thanks Pondlady, that is exactly what I should have said. My French language upbringing sometimes overtakes my English sorry.

I saw it as a bit of an agony column/forum where you get lots of different viewpoints when you ask a personal question without feeling exposed.

Oops - a family member could easily recognise me if they read my posts as I am not the alcoholic and they may arrive at this site - just an example.

Sorry for bringing it up. Do carry on and just ignore me ;>)

Love to allx