Small Victories

Old 09-09-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Small Victories

I'm so tired of talking about all my AH has done to me. I'm tired of thinking about the way he acts. Quite frankly, I am just tired. God continues to slowly open my eyes to the lies and manipulation. I don't need to dig - there right in front of my face.

Today is a small victory...I just went to the police station and filed charges, again. My AH is stealing more money from my kids bank accounts. My victory...it hurt a little less this time. I stood just a little stronger.

I am the child of an alcoholic, and I thought I had it all together. I am only starting to realize the damage that has been done. My dad was the alcoholic, and my mom is the master manipulator. I have been working to please everyone all the time - left feeling empty and unloved, never succeeding.

I found a new Celebrate Recovery Meeting to attend, and I'm looking forward to working on me. I just need to learn to not let everyone's chaos in my life. Small steps - small victories.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is a big victory, from where I sit. When we finally let go of them and reach out for help for ourselves it is a huge step forward.

Good for you for pressing charges, good for you for reaching out.

At least when we hit bottom there is no place to go but up.

Welcome back.

Hugs