Boy meets girl in NA

Old 09-08-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boy meets girl in NA

Boy; "She looked at me from across the hallway before the meetings started, I think she wants my body!"

Friend; "Have you looked at yourself lately? Think she is really that sick?"

Boy walks over to meet girl after the meetings were over; "I saw you looking at me across the hallway and thought I would introduce myself"

Girl: How long you been in NA?"

Boy: "A pretty good while now... I think today is day 32." (A smile of pride sweeps across his face.)

Boy: How long you been in Nar-Anon?"

Girl: Moving her hair back with a sweep of her head in one direction, replies; "I started working on becoming an independent, empowered woman about 6 weeks ago. I go to 3 meetings a week, and take the city bus to them all by myself. I'm not nearly as needy as I once was!"

They stand there, looking at each other with googly eyes.

Boy; "I live in a half way house, we have a curfew, and have to make a bunch more meetings than any one really needs, I'm pretty sick of it. I just got a part time job at McD's and with my first paycheck I'm going to buy me a bicycle. I'm so tired of walking and taking the bus all over the place. My therapist says I am doing really good and we'll continue working on my mommy issues until they are resolved, and while it will be a long recovery process I will get to live a much more fulfilling life soon. I think my meeting you today is a sign from our Higher Power! I get 10% off on meals at McD's, would you like to go out for a hamburger with me when I get my check, but after I buy my bicycle?"

Girl: Wow, are you for real? You'd want to take me out?? Oh my gosh, I am so surprised that someone of your caliber would even talk to someone like me, and even do it in front of his NA buddies! Sure, I'd love to go out for a hamburger with you, I can ride with you on your handle bars, and we'll share a hamburger, no need to spend a bunch of money on me, besides I don't eat very much because I tend to vomit after I eat so it would be a waste of your money!

Boy: okay, where do you live so I can pick you up right after I buy my bicycle?

Girl: I can't tell you, we aren't allowed to have visitors there, and not suppose to let any one know its address. It's a battered woman's shelter. Police took me there after they realized I suffer from battered woman's syndrome and was threatening to kill the next man that touched me. I can meet you down the street on Elm, at Wings N Things BBQ, then we can go from there to McD's.

Boy: Okay, it sounds like a plan! We'll hook up there, and go to McD's, then on a serious note, talk about getting out of our current situations and finding a place together. What do you think?

Girl: Sounds like a blessing in disguise! I agree, our HP brought us together today! By the way, I'm getting my drivers license this week, so we'll be able to get a uhaul when the time comes. I have so little that it will sit in the front seat of the u-haul and we can use the whole back part of it for your new bicycle!

They both smile at each other in such a way that they know it was meant to be... they hug each other with that special warm, cozy feeling generating between them, and head back to their dwellings knowing they have found the love of their live's.

A month later...

Boy thinks... "I'm not letting her ride on my handle bars any more, she is getting fat and going to make me wreck my bicycle!"

Girl thinks... "When we get a place, my name is going to be the only name on the lease, I won't get kicked out again by another jackass!

At a dinner together that night...

Boy; I truly feel like we were meant to be together forever and forever, so I wanted to ask you... ah, well... will you marry me?"

Girl: Tears swell up in her eyes, "I didn't think any one would ever ask me that... of course I'd marry you. We'll start making plans as soon as we have our own place!

They smile, lean across the table to hug each other, knowing that this is truly a gift from God.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please don't anyone take offense at this post... it was meant to bring smiles.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

OMG this is hilarious!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bwahahaha! !!!!!!! This is totally me and D
Old 09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

legna!
I am so deeply offended by this piece.
(Nah......just kidding....it was funny as hell!)

.........unless someone points out how very offensive it is-----in which case
I will rapidly re-aquire a deeply offended stance.......

(but we BOTH know I'll still be laughing my ass off....inside......but wearing
the expected look of stern disapproval on the outside)

On second thought, forget all that bullcrap I just wrote.......

IT IS FUNNY AS HELL...........(period!)

Old 09-08-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good for you...but I'm not believing the whole story.....go for it....
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

You had me at hello.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
You had me at hello.
It is nice to see you and to know you are still here!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

um..... yeah.... I did that. Not quite exactly like it says in the post, but pretty close.

Mike

.... and ..... um.... more than once
Old 09-08-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've had to watch this play out way too many times in my life.

Today I sincerely respect my ex for not bringing any boys back from her rooms this year.

Especially with our kids growing older.

I've had such a blissful year without it.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yikes. I was once her. The girl with the stars in her eyes.

I do not want to have to live up to someone's idealization. And so many of us here have tried.

Best to be real from the start. It took me decades to learn this.

This was a very good and uncomfortable story, legna.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

...and the cycle continues...

Shamefully it made me laugh too Legna