Notices

Anger Help

Old 09-07-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anger Help

Hello,

I just need to get this off my chest really quickly - I have just had a row with the neighbours over b****y gravel on the drive and I don't know why but the thought immediately came into my head right thats it I'm going to have a drink!!

Total madness I know sorry to vent but I thought if I wrote this down rather than actually have a drink it would help it to pass.

I think I really need to get better control of my temper as soon as possible because it is going to be a sticking point of my recovery if I don't.

Hope else everybody is doing ok
Old 09-07-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

gravel? really??
Old 09-07-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love that voice that says "bugger you all, I'm having a drink"....I mean, how ludicrous is that? The only person we'd be hurting is ourselves, yet the voice is one of retaliation???
Old 09-07-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sneaky, sneaky AV. Drink will not help it, but I'm sure you know that. Can you work up a sweat to get the anger out?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Croissant, Yes I know your absolutely right but it was so overwhelming its the first time since I quit I actually just didn't give a hoot about anything but having that quick fix from a bottle.
I think I had better do some AVRT reading ASAP...... It really scared me for a bit there and I still feel very cross now as its early days I just don't feel I have enough tools in the toolbox yet to deal with some things and obviously losing my temper is something I must guard against.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you posted on here Vicki instead of reaching for a drink. I find going for a long walk or a jog helps me when i feel angry or negative.