Notices

Getting to a good place :) there's hope!

Old 09-07-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting to a good place :) there's hope!

The 9 th of this month will mark my 5th months sober. I am finally feeling at peace with all of it. Just some hope for those who are struggling to get through. It really really really does get better. Sure there have been bad days weeks months. But if you keep moving forward you WILL get past it. I never thought I'd come to a place where I wouldn't be thinking about alcohol daily but I have. When I do think about drinking its not in the same wonderful euphoric way. I think sure I'd be loose and free for a few hours followed by days of regret illness and shame. Or I can ride out that fleeting craving and move on with my day feeling well alive and proud.

My days may be somewhat Boring to some, I suppose but I'd take that over hectic chaotic crazy hangover anxiety any day. I don't have to pretend I remember the prior eves activities. Or plan out my day to make sure I'm home and safe to drink the rest of my day away.

It's been a long time since I could literally drive after 6pm and that's simply crazy! It's been a long time since I could have my children have sleepovers and not worry that I was the drunk mommy! It's been a long long time since I did something good for me and now I have and I'm proud if myself for the first time in a very very long time.

For those who feel frozen that they just can't get it. Please keep trying you need to get past the first few months to get to the other side. It doesn't happen over night and its not as simple as not drinking. When you come to the place of, "is this really worth it?" It is I'm screaming it..... It really really is. I know I couldn't see it at the time. So trust my words that if you keep moving forward and aren't yet reaping the benefits you will!

Today is a beautiful day literally and symbolically to be truly happy each one of us deserves that. Don't give up on you there's actually a wonderful existence just outside your mind!

Love and thanks to SR. I couldn't have made it with out all of you, the moms in the moms group Dee, Anna all of the Newcombers and too many members to list
Old 09-07-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep on goin' Imperfectlyme,

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-07-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post, Imperfectlyme!! Congratulations
Old 09-07-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The first day is the hardest

keep going bud everything is worth it I hope
Old 09-07-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats IM!!! And thank you for sharing how good it is on the other side, enjoy the beautiful day here in the NE!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! THANK YOU for your continued support to the newcomers. I'm working on day 13.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=ImperfectlyMe;4165817]

"My days may be somewhat Boring to some, I suppose but I'd take that over hectic chaotic crazy hangover anxiety any day. I don't have to pretend I remember the prior eves activities. Or plan out my day to make sure I'm home and safe to drink the rest of my day away."

Great feeling right there....I'm at 5 months too!!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
The 9 th of this month will mark my 5th months sober. I am finally feeling at peace with all of it. Just some hope for those who are struggling to get through. It really really really does get better. Sure there have been bad days weeks months. But if you keep moving forward you WILL get past it. I never thought I'd come to a place where I wouldn't be thinking about alcohol daily but I have. When I do think about drinking its not in the same wonderful euphoric way. I think sure I'd be loose and free for a few hours followed by days of regret illness and shame. Or I can ride out that fleeting craving and move on with my day feeling well alive and proud.
Perfect, "Imperfectly"You!

I'll keep reminding myself of this today, most of all this evening. I live in the Northeast, as well, and you're right... it IS a beautiful day in every sense of the word.

Thanks for the share, ImperfectlyMe.

Last edited by Emily2002; 09-07-2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-07-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats ImperfectlyMe