Notices

Tick tock tick tock..

Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tick tock tick tock..

It's one of those days!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm feeling ya ... Watching that clock myself Right now ...
Old 09-06-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well AW11,the weather sure isn't helping to keep me locked in my little office here at work either.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is nice out; I have sat out front and smoked a few times w\ my tablet I just can't really travel far since I work tonight :p I should be asleep lol ..
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm just bored - I have that Friday feeling only I'm sober so it's not really ffffffffff
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not really "friday" ?? Working my schedule I can't really relate cause I have always worked on Fri. and up until recently Sat. as well lol So I was never much of a weekender . Which I guess is a good thing cause I can cross something off my list of triggers
Old 09-06-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well it's Friday but not as it has been usually spent drinking in the past. This is my 3rd sober Friday. The thing is I've been having a hard time this week - I've things on my mind that I can't speak to anyone about and I just feel empty. I know drinking's a temporary band aid and it will hurt when I rip it off again (I'm not going to drink because even if I could convince myself that it's ok I won't be able to convince anyone to take me to a shop to buy it) so this is all just BS basically but none the less I'd love to get wrecked. I don't want to feel everything today.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, 13 and AW11 - feeling a bit like that myself been ok up to now as well arghh....

is 6.20 to early to go to bed do you think? Just can't settle and feel really restless.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Vicki I guess if your tired enough you could go to bed my kids are all out playing still though so not an option for me.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I should be sleeping as I work tonight; but just can't Insomnia has always been a problem for me .. But then add working nights; so difficult going to sleep in the afternoon when the sun is high :p
Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Tick tock tick tock...

People talk about "one day at a time," but for me it's always been one second at a time. The barrage of thoughts and feelings is unrelenting.

But I truly am happier sober. Yes, escape offers quick relief but the hell it conjures up lasts a long time. In fact, the next time I drink it will likely be an inescapable hell until death.

So, one second at a time, I stay sober.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The day will end.A phrase I read on here in early recovery still helps me now-

the difference between a bad day and a good day is 24 hours.

It will pass.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That has been the concept I have used since last night; except minute not second :p
Old 09-06-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post

But I truly am happier sober. Yes, escape offers quick relief but the hell it conjures up lasts a long time. In fact, the next time I drink it will likely be an inescapable hell until death.

So, one second at a time, I stay sober.
It's one second at a time here tonight - I'm actually shaking with the craving - not nice feeling
Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Deep Breaths :p As I said I lucked out .. No cravings just thoughts and anxiety .. My Window has closed; so I know I will be sober for the weekend .. Then Monday is another Battle seeing as I have off 3 nights in a row .. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it I guess ..
Old 09-06-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey 13 ,
hope your doing ok , it will be nice and peaceful sober tomorow morning if you stick with it . rather than the sweaty , achey , passed out , head pounding , agrivated , anxious , sick , guilty , returning to day 0 and wondering if you can face getting sober again ..

Keep on , it gets better , do something to relax a bit , take your mind out of yourself for a while ... or focus on writing down what your last hangover felt like in the best detail you can , try to inhabit it and own that old hangover .. It might be your last , so it's worth taking some time to remember what a miserable experience it was .

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-06-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

13Unlucky, hang in there. I remember someone telling me that there is no situation, no feeling, that cannot be made even worse by drinking. It is when things are tough and problems arise that we need all of our native talents and natural abilities ready and able to face what comes our way.

It helps me just to sit and stare at my feelings sometimes, not to judge them or get angry at them, but just to accept them. One of my friends swears by writing them out with pen and paper, which is another form of mindfulness. By doing this or things like it, we rob these thoughts of their power.

This works with cravings too - just sit with the feeling for a moment, become aware of your feelings and your body. Is your heart racing, your breathing shorter and faster? Is your mind racing? By turning our awareness to our breath and immediate physical experience, we can surf the urge. The wave will build and lift us up, and then it will crest, and return us back to sea level. It will pass and we will remain, stronger and more at peace. And sober.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ok... I'm outside - I've got the kids inside watching batman! Lol... I need ten minutes to get calm again. This feelings been going on a few hours now - tried ironing to take my mind off it but it didn't work. Although since when was ironing ever anything like relaxing lol..

My last real hangover was awful - that awful I was hysterically crying clawing through my soul for a reason to be alive that's how bad the drinking had me feeling. That was August 16th.. I cut down my intake that fri, sat and Sunday and saw my doctor on the Monday to detox. I was scared but I also knew my alternatives were worse - so this feeling just now you guys are probably right - I just need to get through it and it will pass. I've still 2hours to kill before my window closes lol

I know ill feel better for staying sober in the morning - I might feel moody and anxious just now but nothing like a hangover. Breathing I can do this - I know I can but sometimes I don't always want to. Or maybe that's my AV. Well I'm going to sit with my kids a while. Try and relax. Sorry for the massive post lol ill put u all to sleep!!!! Insomnia no more! Lol