Notices

Withdrawal - have you experienced this?

Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal - have you experienced this?

Hello.

It has been exactly 5 days since I had my last drink, I tapered down after experience bad withdrawal. I did not experience anything as serious as seizures, or DT's.
My heart rate is still a little elevated. I am just wondering - my brain feels pretty funny ever since the initial withdrawals. At this point, every time I hear even medium loud sounds, I feel a reaction in the back of my head, like it's vibrating due to the sensation. It doesn't seem to be abating. There's kind of a thud between my ears and the back of my head, right after I hear the sound, especially any clatter like sliverware on a dish My reflexes are also a little weird, I've been dropping things easily and am just a bit startled by any kind of sudden movements.
I know I need to go to the doctor, I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this after alcohol withdrawal.

Thank you!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I experienced all kinds of weird sensations during withdrwals, but as you mentioned seeing a doctor is your best bet of you have concerns. Even if someone had similar symptoms, there are way too many variables for anyone too speculate. Hence the rule here prohibiting asking for or providing medical advice.

5 days is great, congratulations on that!