Notices

New! Relapse after 5 years

Old 09-05-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New! Relapse after 5 years

Hello every one,

I'm New here, and working on getting help. Like the title says Just had a relapse after 5 years of bring sober. Thought i could handle the booze again. HAHA yea right. Any in put is greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of any good meetings in the Louisville Colorado area?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Jeepin! You found a great place.

I relapsed after 3 yrs. - didn't give it much thought - just picked it up & off I went for 7 yrs. Thankfully you didn't hesitate to reach out for help. You know you can get the job done - and we are here to assist you. You learned a valuable lesson - time doesn't change anything - we can't touch the stuff. The main thing is - you're back.

(Sorry I can't help you with the Colorado meetings - I'm sure someone else will know.)
Old 09-05-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Would Longmont or Boulder work, Jeepin?
Boulder County Colorado AA

I lost 5 years to moderation as well. Really stinks. Started out as a few on date night and then spiraled into daily drinking. I am finally, finally getting the concept that there is no such thing as "one glass"

Welcome! Stick around - read and post, especially in the first week. Really helped me.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Jeepin

D
Old 09-05-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh Jeepin .. alcohol can sneak up on you before you know it. All of a sudden you look in the mirror and say "what in the hell happened and what the hell am I doing to myself?". Yeah..moderation..I'm learning here that it doesn't exist for an alcoholic. You did it once you can do it again. And be even that much better at it this time. Welcome.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeepin! Glad you are here. Sorry to hear about your relapse.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to our community!! Glad you made it back, many do not. Hope to hear more from you soon.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome jeepin you have to get back to whst you were doing that worked for so long. SR will offer a whole lot of kinship and support.

I absolutely love love love you neck of the woods my favorite place on earth. Went to school at that very large school pretty close to where you are. Probably the place that planted my alcoholic seeds. Wasn't ranked #1 party school for no reason
Old 09-05-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

welcome, jeepin! glad you found your way here...
Old 09-05-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Jeepin, . You already know you can do it, so get on it.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's always waiting for us huh?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeepin!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Jeepin,

I'm back after about a year of being mostly sober. I just got back into drinking again in the last few weeks. I'm really hating it. Tomorrow I'll start my day 1 sober again. For the last time, I really mean it.
I know it's hard, when you've been sober awhile, to start thinking you don't have a problem anymore, that you can and will drink only drink a few. You've been sober awhile now, you know how to mange it, right? But you don't. If you're like me, the first drink will lead you back into your previous drinking patterns. I've experienced this. Over the last few weeks of drinking I'm back to my normal pattern of 3-4 days a week or more drinking 6 -12 drinks each time.
I'm really not happy with where I am right now. I thought it would be only the once, I really did. But that craving for alcohol kicked right back up in my head. I thought I could control it, that my sober time helped me, but just one drink lead me back to where I started.
I hope this can be of some help to you. If you're an alcoholic, and I definitely am even if my drinking is not to the extremes yet, one drink is poison. One drink will take you back to where you started.
I think I'm still struggling with accepting I'm an alcoholic, even now. When I drink I can't control it. I ALWAYS want more. If that's you, you're probably in the same boat I'm in. I CAN'T control it after I have that first drink. So I need to not have that drink.
So I'm planning on being sober now. I'm happier and more productive when I'm sober. Hope that will be you too. Join me in sobriety! It's better than everything.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just one more post. I'll probably be on tomorrow posting my day 1. Yes, I've drank tonight, and I'm totally disgusted with myself. I was good over the weekend, but just drank three nights in a row. I need help. AA, one of the secular programs, something. What I'm doing is not working. I'll post my re-intro tomorrow. This site was a huge help before in my stopping drinking. I'm willing to do anything. I am. Please post any suggestions. I promise I'll be on tomorrow, not drinking. Promise.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Tzivia, no need to promising SR. You take care of you, make your promise to you. It's all about you friend. I have just 70 hours sober. Now time for you my friend.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober since March 21, 2013

Welcome to SR, Jeepin.

Sorry about your relapse.

There is lots of support on here 24 hours a day.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks Raider,

I just posted my re-intro. I really want to be sober tomorrow, so I'm promising, so hopefully I'll stick to it. I really want to come on SR tomorrow, and be sober. I think I feel better if I promise something. More accountability maybe? Thanks for your post. It really helps to know someone's online and listening. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm here if you need me tzivia!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! You know you can do it, you just have to do it again. Moderation is probably the most seductive live that the Beast has at its disposal. But it is a lie.

You will know better this time!