Notices

back again

Old 09-05-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back again

Feel horrible today. Drinking all day yesterday and the day before. Want to stop doing this to myself. I can't stop repeating history. Please help. I'm scared this addiction is going to kill me.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get plenty of water down you and if you can eat something it will help
Well done for posting!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Brit. You absolutely have the power in you to quit if you choose. It won't be easy and you will most likely need help, but you CAN do it. Coming back here is a great start - have you tried any local support like AA or Counseling, maybe even outpatient Detox? SR is a great place for support too, let us know how we can help.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. I'm in bad shape. Barely working already had pancreatitis 1 1/2 years ago and still continued to drink. Now I'm detoxing and have to work later and I look sick. Wish I knew how to help myself. Not drinking today I don't want to keep going through this.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by britquit View Post
Thanks. I'm in bad shape. Barely working already had pancreatitis 1 1/2 years ago and still continued to drink. Now I'm detoxing and have to work later and I look sick. Wish I knew how to help myself. Not drinking today I don't want to keep going through this.
Well, you are already off to a good start by not drinking today. Coming here and asking for help is another great move. Other ways you could help yourself are to perhaps see your doctor - it never hurts to get checked out and be completely honest about your drinking. You could go to an AA meeting - that doesn't cost anything and you'lll meet lots of people in the same boat who are there to help. You could call your local addition center and find out if there are other resources like counseling or detox programs you could participate in.

The main thing is to not drink today - and then worry about tomorrow when it comes. So far you are 2 for 2 - keep going forward and you can beat this thing .
Old 09-05-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you feeling now Britquit?

D
Old 09-05-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you Britquit - hoping you're starting to improve. I'm glad you're here with us.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Feeling better. Still looking ruddy but sober and made it through work. Meeting up with a sober friend tomorrow night to hang out. Thank you for the concern.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

britquit, way to show up. that's a good and productive step. there are people on this site who are amazingly helpful (me, not so much, still a greenhorn). one thing that helped me, when i was told that "nothing changes if nothing changes". be well.