Guilt by association

Old 09-05-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Guilt by association

Well just saw someone we knew who must know because they were really funny when speaking to us, it is part of this whole drama that seems really unfair, I myself am not the addict but am guilty by association, hey ho rant over hows everybody doing?????
Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There's a wonderful saying in Nar-Anon that helps me anytime I feel that "guilt by association" feeling.......

What others think about me......is none of my business.

Sharing in hopes that it might help you like it has helped me.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-07-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Kindeyes I think it just came as an emotional blow that I wasn't expecting xxoo
Old 09-09-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unfortunately, I do believe there is guilt by association.... Its funny u posted this, I was just thinking about it. If you don't know me, I left my AH (meth) husband in april. Just snapped one day, picked up the kids and left town. Never to return... Anyway long story short. I am 40yo and never have done any type of speed. Just never had the desire and frankly it scared me a little...
I have on the other hand drank way to much beer on occasion and smoked a little pot here and there. Never liked pot....makes me paranoid...never the less...
So I had to take a drug test for a new job. I was a little paranoid as the dr prescribed a tranquilizer so I can sleep.(nightmares and panic attacks, thank you AH) As per my background w AH I am a little nervous about taking it so I only take it once or twice a week when I am desperate to sleep again.
So I was telling my mom that I was nervous about the drug test and maybe I should have said something to them before hand. And she says to me. "is that all you are nervous about" Are you telling me every thing?" There is not something your not telling me right?" It made me angry. I have told my parents a number of times that I do drink sometimes and have smoke pot rarely. which is a HUGE deal in my family. (i come from a very stanch christian background... no smoking drinking ect...)
But it just made me furious! How can you label me because of his addiction.... Knowing what I have been through with leaving and the kids! OBVIOUSLY I probably wouldn't have left if I was in it to!!
So yes, I think there is guilt by association. It is unfortunate but something you just have to deal with...but I do believe.. Eventually people see the truth.... Eventually....
Old 09-09-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

quite right blueholly I can not change what people think in there minds if they choose not to see the truth of it or even ask that's there fault xxoo