Notices

Pregnant with an A father

Old 09-04-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pregnant with an A father

I'm 15 weeks pregnant. I've known my A boyfriend for 15 years. We started dating only 8 months ago, but used to date 10 years ago. We rekindled and I ended up pregnant. He is such a great guy most of the time, but then after about five great, sober (so I think) days, he goes on a 3 day binge where he doesn't leave his house and just drinks day and night by himself. Things got so bad recently that I've decided it's best for me and this baby to be alone. I've been holding on to this relationship so bad because I already have a 7 year old that I raised alone, and didn't want to do it again to another child and myself. It's so hard. I just don't see him ever quitting.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your situation Beauty but I absolutely agree you need to think of your self, this baby and your other children.

I know you'll find support & understanding here

D
Old 09-04-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you find yourself in such a situation. I agree with Dee: think about what's best for you and your kids. Growing up with an alcoholic father isn't good for kids. I hope you can find some peace in your life.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe if you leave it might be his wake up call - maybe not but as much as I understand that you don't want to do it alone it sounds like you and your children would have a more stable life without him. At least for the time being. You don't need this extra stress while pregnant and it's not healthy for you or the baby.

I hope you manage to come to a decision you can be at peace with and I'm sorry for what your going through
Old 09-05-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you

All of your responses are much appreciated. They have made me feel a lot better about the big decisions I'm facing. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry that you're in this situation.

But, I'm relieved to hear that you've left him and decided to be on your own with your child. It's the right decision, even though it's going to be hard.