Notices

Day 10

Old 09-04-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Hi all just wanted to say I am on day 10 and feeling very good. I slept great last night and am noticing my face/belly are not so bloated. Things are working out at home and I have more energy to do my job properly (social worker). I find I have more patients to listen to people and my thoughts are not so foggy.

Anyway just wanted to say something positive for all of you starting out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks and congratulations conga.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Conga on Day 10 Double digits is always a good feeling
Old 09-04-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The end of day ten here too. Still anxious, but not as bad as yesterday. Went to the sea side today and walked my dogs with my daughter and my elderly parents - I drove us all there - 20 miles or so away. Sunny, warm and windy. A lovely day in fact - the last spell of summer here. I felt like I was absorbing the experience of the day properly with no mental fog and sludge between me and what was going on around me.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Now August West (Warf rat, Great song) I have around 30 shows under my belt 89-95, and one Jerry show. Still love listening to the old shows, I am really liking the early 70's shows right now. I used to drum in a GD cover band. I used to worship Mikey but as I get older I appreciate Billy's straight forward grove, no messing around.

I remember the Warf Rat scene/table at shows and at the time thought it was so strange. Did they used to send out yellow balloons in the crowd at shows? I think I remember that?

Mentium, congrats on day 10! As I live on an Island and I love the ocean as-well. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on ten days sober! I'm glad you're feeling good.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by conga View Post
Hey Now August West (Warf rat, Great song) I have around 30 shows under my belt 89-95, and one Jerry show. Still love listening to the old shows, I am really liking the early 70's shows right now. I used to drum in a GD cover band. I used to worship Mikey but as I get older I appreciate Billy's straight forward grove, no messing around.

I remember the Warf Rat scene/table at shows and at the time thought it was so strange. Did they used to send out yellow balloons in the crowd at shows? I think I remember that?

Mentium, congrats on day 10! As I live on an Island and I love the ocean as-well. Keep up the good work!
Hey Now Brother 33 here 87-95 .. RFK was my last .. Sold the final tickets and airplane Ticket after seeing how rough and frail My Boy Jerry was looking Were they yellow or white ?? lol They did give out some in Philly, Giants, and I think RFK.. But I am sure they did at all the shows .. I just was hangin' w\ a Bro that made us swing by the table at every show during the Summer 89 tour lol
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was at RFK 95, they opened up with Shakedown Street, I did not have a ticket and could slightly hear the tunes from outside the stadium so I started to shake my bones. Next thing a dude walks up to me and gives me a miracle ticket! He said your the only one dancing so you deserve it. First and only miracle. I still have the ticket at home and it was a fancy mail order to boot. Gotta go, its nice to meet you (Kinda).

Thanks Least have a great day!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

SWEET I got a few; but they were usually at the Spectrum .. Enjoy Your Day ...