Relapse......

Old 09-04-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse......

......I think. I don't know for certain but as has been said before many times....recovery looks like recovery......addiction looks like addiction.

I've had a little bit of time this morning to read, reflect, cry, pray. Reading helped. Reflecting helped. Crying didn't help at all...lol. But praying is what lifted my fear and concern so that I can move through my day. My prayer was simple....the Serenity Prayer......and God, please help my beautiful son with his struggle and help me stay grounded in my own recovery. And then it started raining....I think God wept too.

Time will reveal more.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-04-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Praying EXTRA hard for you and especially your son right now KE. Wish I could offer you a hug in person.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

(((Kindeyes)))

You have comforted me so many times when I needed it and I just can't seem to find the right words, if there are any. But I know what to do. You and your son our in my prayers.

Proverbs 3:5-6 has always helped me along with serenity prayer.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

KE, prayers and strength coming your way xx
Old 09-04-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Extra prayers for your son and for you today Kindeyes.

It's raining here too, maybe God is setting the stage to bring us a rainbow.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers from me, too sweetie.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

being limbo is just the worst place to be, isn't it? I remember a book that commented, "Smoking more but enjoying it less?"

Kindeyes, you are a kind soul, and I ache for you. I pray that you can quickly know the truth of what is going on, because it is the truth that sets you free. But this you know. This is the part in Out of Africa when Meryl Streep goes to the tobacco shed and squeezes herself in between the workers saying, "Give me work." And she works herself into utter exhaustion. And those workers with her do not say a thing - they just keep on working and let her be.

Sojourner
Old 09-04-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kindeyes, thanks for being with us over the past many years. I have been posting here for some months now and I have received immense benefit from your words of SE&H. May you get that back and more.

There are slips and setbacks in our journey and that of our loved ones. Its very painful when we take a step back after several steps forward. I hope not, but we will cope and endure if it is so.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kindeyes, my heart goes out to you along with prayers and support. You have helped so many of us here on SR. I'm hoping all of us, with our words, prayers and hugs, can be a comfort to you. Extra prayers for your dear son as well.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You are your son are in my prayers tonight, Kindeyes.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

A prayer for you and your son too. Youre a beautiful person. X
Old 09-04-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Prayers going up for you Kindeyes. May you be comforted as you deal with this - I'm so sorry for your sadness & confusion. It's so good you wanted to talk about it though. We love you.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
TMZ

My prayers are with you and i pray you son sees the light.

Remember relapse is just a part of recovery. They have to get up and back on the wagon as soon as posable. They are going to stumble but they have to keep working the steps.

Stay strong, this to shall pass.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

</3
Old 09-04-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sending my love and prayers to you dearest KE. God has your precious son and He has delivered him. We are all here in spirit with you.
Never ending hugs and prayers,
Love
TT
Old 09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You've been here so many times for all of us.................please know that we are all here for you too. Sending lots of prayers your way.

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))
(group hug)
Old 09-04-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

So many hugs and prayers, and I add my own, but damn! I am sorry for your pain. Tears are good. They release toxins that stress creates. And if that's not true, I don't care. I know crying makes me feel better sometimes.

Thanks for sharing, and for being who you are here for me and so many others, KE. Much love and empathy.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Are you OK?

Giving you one of the gentle hugs you so kindly give to those who need them.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Are you OK?
Yes. I'm ok. I texted briefly with my son yesterday. He said he's just super tired. Job is long hours and he doesn't think he makes enough. It's an attitude deterioration that makes me think relapse.....not anything specific. But I'm doing ok.....not in a melt down (which is what would have happened in years gone by). Just reading, praying, and staying as focused on the things directly in front of me as I can. Time will reveal more....it always does.

There's a lovely thunder storm going on right now. Lightening flashes in the still dark morning sky.....gentle rolls of thunder in the distance. How very relaxing and soothing. Lots to be grateful for today......I'll focus on that.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update Kindeyes...you have been on my mind a lot. I LOVE a good storm. They serve as a reminder to me that change (good or bad) can blow into our lives at any time, wash everything anew, and sometimes, not always, we are left with a beautiful sun shiney day. The winds of change....always on the horizon. Another massive hug to you today. I'm glad you were able to have a discussion with your son. Sending you strength...