Notices

Enlightenment

Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enlightenment

I'll try to keep brief, but a lot has happened over the last couple of days.

I'm on a medically supervised taper method to reduce withdrawal symptoms and I'll see my physician in a week.

A random phone call from a friend (to return a dish) resulted in a confession and me meeting his friend, sober 3 years. We met yesterday and I have a new go to support person. Awesome!

I realized something yesterday after hearing his stories. This beast was/is no where CLOSE to being done with me. If I let it, it will drag me to a level of hell that I do not want to even get close to. I just had to shake my head at some of his stories. But I'm not going to let the beast take control anymore.

It was enlightening. We are now AA buddies. Good things are at work.

One day, when I'm well into sobriety, I'd like to see a thread of the stupid things we've done just to feed the beast. Heck, there may already be one.

Focusing on changing habits, I've already shaken up my daily schedule. Managed to watch football (American) and grill without even craving over the weekend. Totally busted my old weekend schedule as well with no negative effects.

Oh! My new AA friend brought me a copy of Living Sober and the Black Book. OMG, Living Sober, I couldn't put it down. It was surprising! They know me!!

Again, thank you all for your support in my recovery. This place is great!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad things are moving forward for you TheDogMan

D