Notices

Got in a huge fight with my dad and drank..

Old 09-03-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got in a huge fight with my dad and drank..

Lots of drama over here. I was such a mess today. Completely anxious. A wreck. Im ashamed and I dont know how to atop. Im in AA without a sponsor.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Javamama. I'm guessing drinking didn't resolve the problem right? SO many times, I've done exactly what you did and just ended up with a hangover on top of it.
I don't know your relationship with your Dad - if he's nice or not, If he is, then I'm sure you'll patch things up and if he isn't, then he's not worth throwing away all your hard earned sobriety over is he
You CAN do this
Old 09-03-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Conflicts never nice to deal with - especially not with a loved one. Your dad probably feels bad too.

I don't know why you were fighting but I think if you want to try and resolve things then first things first is to pour the drink away. It's not going to help you. It will only increase your stress levels, your judgement, patience, everything that you are going to need to sort things out with your dad.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And there's no Shame in falling down as long as you get back up and try again! You can do this!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi JM

I think a lot of us have trouble with conflict - but it happens - so we need to work on dealing with it without drinking.

Coming here and posting before you drink might be one way of changing the outcome - I'm sure you can think of other things you could have done today too?

D